Sole Run

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Mount Soledad Run

Sunday - October 9th - 10 a.m.

Meet at the Belmont Park at the end of Ventura Pl.

This is going to be a 40 mile cruise.
Guys hope you have good brake pads and are prepared to peddle a lil' bit. Our last ride was flat this ride is going to be a bit hilly. Were climbing Mount Sole and La Jolla Shores Dr. Then it's all down hill from there finishing up with a cruise around Fiesta Island and back to Mission Beach. Dont worry I've climb up Here before with only a lil assitance from my legs.
PLEASE WEAR HELMETS!!!!

Route Map (google maps):
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...l=32.836328,-117.236309&spn=0.088271,0.179043

Also for more informationon motorbicycling. Check out http://www.motorbicycling.com/

Last edited:

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
The lines look all messed up on the map I will try to correct it. Google maps is been giving a hard time lately. Questions Comment Concerns please let me know.

Last edited:

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
Do you think side pull front brakes and a rear coaster are good enough for the downhill part? Someone was telling me their coaster went out coming down on a cruiser.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Oh yeah I have a set of caliper brakes in the front and coaster in the back and it's fine. Just dont race down the hill. Were cruising not racing.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Just got back from the prerun of the course and talk about awesome. Lots of twisty, curvy backroads in La Jolla, and a couple of hidden bridges were going over and under. This is going to be a great trip. Hope you guys tag along for this one.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Yeah he has some really good builds. Oh best thng about the ride. The backroad we will using, very little braking needed and very little traffic for a lot of the ride Did you see the Vence ride on the 16th. I'm gonna be shuttling riders and bikes up there.

Cruiserking619

Sep 20, 2011
La Mesa
Yeah, I seen the plans for Laguna. I still havn't decided yet. But if I do go, I can drive my truck with room for addinonal 3 riders and bikes.

hardcharger

Sep 20, 2011
san diego
Man id love to go on that run but i only have this one motor. I know it sounds weak but i really wanna make the venice ride and dont wanna burn up my little china doll a week before the big run. Still riding her everyday to work though. Flat land runs. Good lu:-||ck everyone. Watch out for the protesting athiests at the top!

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
If I get my bike tuned in time I will try and make it. This time I'll just ride to Bellmont park instead of borrowing a truck that gets < 10mpg, that was a waste of money. Anyone want to ride with me on the way from Del Mar area?

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
I hope you make it. If I lived north I would love to ride out with you but I live just south of Downtown.

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I'm planning on going, I tested out the ride to Bellmont park last weekend, it was pretty cool. If not, I just got a bike rack for my car so I could drive too.

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
Awesome!!! The weather is supposed to my very nice and clear with a warming trend!!! This is going to be an awesome ride!!!

hawaii_87

May 17, 2011
San Diego
To everyone who showed up, Thank you for coming out. To everyone who didn't, You missed out on a great fun run. We clocked about 30 miles in on this. It was the clearest day I've ever seen. It was perfect riding weather. Look for next month's ride to be somewhere around the 13th. So clear your calenders should be a another epic adventure.