Anybody using this pipe?

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I'm not using it but it looks like it should be an excellent performer, I saw the rest of the pics of this pipe installed on a bike and that expansion chamber is huge, and it's plenty long enough to make good torque down low as well.
I've been making my own pipes out of kx65 or cr80 pipes and they do really well, but this pipe should work just as well for people who don't have a way to cut up and re weld dirt bike pipes to fit on these engines on bicycle frames, just check out the pictures and make note of how it's routed from the engine and down the side of the bike to be sure it'll fit your frame before buying, but as far as performance goes, this one should do really well.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
If you can weld or braze, Fred has a really nice header setup for those treatland pipes or dirt bike pipes for around $45 and you could choose the best pipe for your bike as well as get it to fit your bike perfectly, but the pipe mzmiami is selling is a good deal since most the good treatland pipes will come out more expensive by the time you buy the header setup and the pipe.
I bought one of the firebreather headers from Fred to make fitting the kx65 pipe easier and better and it is top notch quality since he makes the adapter out of aluminum so you can match port it to your head, then it has O ring seals and uses 2 springs to hold the pipe securely to the header adapter. And treatland.tv sells some really nice straight pipes that work really well on these engines, but the pipe alone can cost around $100 then the adapter setup costs about $45 so if your budget allows, this would be a good way to go, but for $85, the pipe mzmiami sells is an excellent deal too.
Check out the pipe's for sale at www.treatland.tv and the adapters Fred sells at crmachine.com if you want to compare prices and options.

JethroBodine

Sep 23, 2015
Pontiac.Mi
I just installed this pipe and it fit well,but good grief its loud!I even put a 4 inch baffle in the tail pipe and still loud,sounds great though.I'm sure the neighbors don't care for it.

JethroBodine

Sep 23, 2015
Pontiac.Mi
I haven't really had much time to test it,I have been on the road truck driving for the last 6 months or so.I would think its better than the sbp pipe that I had on it?Hopefully I can get out for a good ride tomorrow,I'll let you know.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Nice... you will like the vm18 and combined with that pipe it should make for a fast ride that will also have nice acceleration once you get it dialed in. You may need to re jet the carb but it's not too hard to dial these carbs in...

JethroBodine

Sep 23, 2015
Pontiac.Mi
I also have a mikuni 18 with 70 main and 25 pilot jet,I think its running a little rich.This new pipe might lean it out some though.Still need to take it out for a good romp and see what it will do.I'm at about 1,000 ft.

fischer550

Mar 24, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
Well currently I do not have brakes on my bike, so I only tested it very low throttle for a short period of time. But dam! Throttle response is so much better, and I'm betting it's more powerful. The pipe is loud, but sounds nice.

JethroBodine

Sep 23, 2015
Pontiac.Mi
Yeah ya need brakes,Lol.Glad to hear you got yous going though!I took mine out today and about 1/2 throttle it started 4 stoking pretty bad,i figured it would run leaner with that pipe.The spark plug was just a little wet,i put a .65 jet in it but haven't ran it yet.The fuel in it is a few months old though,I have not had much time to ride until now.

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
Can one of you guys put up a video of the bike running with it and give it a decent braaap? I just bought one and i just want to see how loud it is.

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
Sorry to double post, but would it be possible to use the muffler that came with the stock exhaust? Just cut one end of it off, and weld it on? I don't know too much about whats inside the muffler.

t6R

Mar 31, 2014
Connecticut
From the picture it looked like exhaust opening was pretty wide. If you're able to could post a picture? That is a pretty good idea though. Was there any power loss?