Noobageness

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Hi everyone, I'm Chris from overheard AZ USA. My SD Stinger kit should arrive today, I intend it to be installed in my 26" Roadmaster Granite Peak. The motor is being shipped to my mother in law's house and my home and the bike are fifty miles away. I'm hitch-hiking home. Any one used this bike before? I'm really hoping the motor will fit, it just looks like it may be tight..duh.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I looked at a roadmaster at target, looked too tight a fit to buy one just to try. I have been looking for decent price bikes for weeks now & finding none, let us know if it fits.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Chris, welcome to the forum from Tucson.

Did a quick look at some photos of the Granite Peak. Looks like to me a motor kit would fit but it is hard to tell from photos.

Keep us updated and let us know how its going.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
My first build was on a granite peak... Very tight fit but it went in.
You will need to shave down the rear mount and maybe do some dremel work up front to gain a little more room but after I shaved my front mount opening to change the angle it sat on the frame and shaved down the rear mount block it fit in there with enough room for a fred head, I had to trim the stock air filter housing to get it to fit and use a shorty intake manifold.
It will fit but it's gonna be tight.
The bike in my avatar is the old granite peak, and I do have a lot of pics of it if you need to see anything up close.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
By all means, threadjack, in fact I would like to know too. Perhaps His Dave-Ness will tell us. Very nice build by the way, my beat up Schwinn cried when it saw how clean that bike looks. How do you like the ride? I'm 145 and I thought the forks on my granite peak where a little soft as a bicycle, it practically swallowed with my narrow but on it. Those forks look like they'd be quite nice.