half moon key

GoldenMotor.com

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
Hope someone can help dont know how i lost the half moon key when i took magneto off to put new one on took everthing out to clean it up lost it does anyone know what size it is

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
hope you ordered from place that kit came from as there are 2 common sizes & other less common sizes

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Use a magnet to see if it could be stuck to the grease on the motor somewhere. Once mine came out while I was riding it and when I got home I found it stuck inside. I happened to have one of those antenna things with a magnet on the end and I put it around the engine sprocket, pulled it out, and stuck to the magnet I found my woodruff key. You don't want it to find it's way into the crank case.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Use a magnet to see if it could be stuck to the grease on the motor somewhere. Once mine came out while I was riding it and when I got home I found it stuck inside. I happened to have one of those antenna things with a magnet on the end and I put it around the engine sprocket, pulled it out, and stuck to the magnet I found my woodruff key. You don't want it to find it's way into the crank case.
Shouldn't ever find it's way into the crankcase if you have everything normal intact. There are some rubber seals that seal the crankcase off from the outside to make sure crankcase compression happens otherwise you'd have a crappy running motor and probably be getting oil on the magneto/clutch

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
Thanks for the info on them cant remember where wife got it.from hope it the right on if not i try parts store to get one biger or smaller that will if it will.give me some place.to star from thanks