Centrifugal clutch kit

GoldenMotor.com

Cgk_iii

Sep 5, 2013
San mateo
So ive been searching for a centrifugal clutch kit w/ pull start on the interwebs but it seems like everyone is sold out or backordered a bunch. Whats the deal with these? Maybe one of the vendors on here can chime in on this?

if anyone has a kit for sale, PM me.

Chris

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I bought a centrifugal clutch kit for mine last year and paid around $35 for it, then when it went out on me I went on ebay to replace it to find nobody was selling them, or those who had them were selling them for around $70 or so. The reason mine went out was because the small gear is just pressed onto the clutch bell so after a few rides it began to just free spin and the bike was going nowhere... As for performance when it was working, the bike was able to hit 40mph top speed but the clutch would engage just above idle. I took it apart and lightened up the weights as much as I could by drilling 5/16" holes thru them and this trick only gave me a slightly higher engagement speed and I wanted it to engage at closer to 2000 rpm and lock at around 2250 to 2500 rpm, but the best I could get by drilling holes in the weights was around 1500 rpm so the take off was a bit slow, but the acceleration and top speed was nice.

I would like to put one of these back on but I can't see paying what they are selling for now considering they need to be lightened and the gear should be welded or brazed to the drum before using. The press fit *might* work on a stock engine if somebody really babied it, but even then it could go out at any time since the gear really isnt pressed on as tightly as needed for repeated use.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
having made the switch to a four stroke Huasheng engine I would just like to say that I miss my clutch, and I miss engine braking.

Cgk_iii

Sep 5, 2013
San mateo
I bought a centrifugal clutch kit for mine last year and paid around $35 for it, then when it went out on me I went on ebay to replace it to find nobody was selling them, or those who had them were selling them for around $70 or so. The reason mine went out was because the small gear is just pressed onto the clutch bell so after a few rides it began to just free spin and the bike was going nowhere... As for performance when it was working, the bike was able to hit 40mph top speed but the clutch would engage just above idle. I took it apart and lightened up the weights as much as I could by drilling 5/16" holes thru them and this trick only gave me a slightly higher engagement speed and I wanted it to engage at closer to 2000 rpm and lock at around 2250 to 2500 rpm, but the best I could get by drilling holes in the weights was around 1500 rpm so the take off was a bit slow, but the acceleration and top speed was nice.

I would like to put one of these back on but I can't see paying what they are selling for now considering they need to be lightened and the gear should be welded or brazed to the drum before using. The press fit *might* work on a stock engine if somebody really babied it, but even then it could go out at any time since the gear really isnt pressed on as tightly as needed for repeated use.

Thanks for the input, lotsa helpful info here. Maybe will have to stick with the stock clutch for now and build another bike specifically designed for the use of a centrifugal clutch (city riding, cruising, etc.)

I would like to purchase one, even if the price has gone up, but there are absolutely none in stock. I spent hours searching through ebay and MB websites with false hopes and empty promises lol. Would like to know whats going on with the suppliers and why they haven't been available for quite some time.

Cgk_iii

Sep 5, 2013
San mateo
Still haven't been able to source a centrifugal clutch for the 2 stroke. If anyone has any information regarding where I can find a kit, it would be greatly appreciated.