Scored a Dyno outside of CA, what???

GoldenMotor.com

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Today I picked up a dirty but overall decent condition black and white Dyno-Glide! I paid $75 for it. I would have normally tried to talk the guy down to $50, but since they are so uncommon around here I just went with it. I know, the SoCal guys will say "Wow, that is way too much. We find them free on the curb at trash day here..." laff

Pretty much everything but the frame, crank, and pedals are rusty and going to get binned, but I would have replaced those anyway.

I do not have any plans for it, but had to pick it up before it got away. Since my electric Schwinn cruiser is still chugging along beautifully this one will probably end up with a 4 stroke, either an HS48 or vertically mounted 79cc Preddy.

Or go crazy and build some kind of prop driven monster...

Here is the crappy picture from Craigslist:

Attachments

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Awesome, good luck on your Dyno! My manager has a barn full of old projects that he and his sons worked on and thinks he might have a neat motor or two stashed away, so I will be going to his place soon to rummage about. I would love to come out with something somewhat unique.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I'm supposed to go today after work and pick up the frame, but once again, the seller is not answering his phone. BUT, I have his address. If he doesn't pick up, I am probably just going to stop by....

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well, as I stated, the seller did not answer his phone, so I went by his house after work (we had previously agreed on a day, I was just trying to call him to let him know what time) knocked on the door and it took 10 minutes for someone to answer. It was a woman, who I am assuming was his wife, and she states that the bike has already been sold......WTF????? Needless to say, I was pissed!