249 kit from gasbike yes or no....

GoldenMotor.com

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
I am starting to get interested in these 4 stroke kits with the belt drive transmissions. Is the more than one brand available with the belt drive? It there is please let me know the facts. I don't want this to become a pissing match. Just give me any links or info you have. I cam make up my own mind which one I like.

If you bought a kit and have it installed I would like to know the performance.

I don't care to hear about mounting issues or the cheap hardware. I change all that stuff for every bike I build anyway.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
There is the 4G series as discussed in this thread, EZMotorbike Q-Matic and newer EZMotorbike Q-Matic Pace Setter.
http://ezmotorbike.com/

The EZM kits are touted to be better suited for all day crusing than the 4G's.
The 4g's have a reputation of more off the line power due to the gearing, but top out slower.
The new Pace Setter has different gearing than the earlier Q-Matic that is supposed to give a little more off the line and hill climbing power and not sacrifice top speed abilities.

The EZM web site does offer kits for sale but I really do not know why. Some folks have reported no sales action at the website. EZM has traditionally sold and continues to sell kits through their dealer network and quite a few members here are dealers.

I am really impressed with my EZM Q-Matic and recommend them.
Never a problem, never a failure, just reliable cruising.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
The EZM web site does offer kits for sale but I really do not know why. Some folks have reported no sales action at the website. EZM has traditionally sold and continues to sell kits through their dealer network and quite a few members here are dealers.
i tried contacting EZM an some dealers trying to find out about shipping to australia i wanted a tapered shaft kit as that's the engine i have never got one reply!! that's rude!!!!

so i contacted gasbike.net about the 4g kit got replies to all my questions within hours they were nice an polite hence personally now i wont give EZM the time of day let alone my money!

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Got it put together thoday, and OOO NOOO.... Give it gas and no go....

Lift the back wheel off the ground and it will spin.... set it down and even full throttle no go.....

Is that one way bearing?????

The belt spins but no pull on the final output shaft......

Dammit.... They are closed till Monday......

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Gas bike sucks..... My kit has a bad clutch and they have no more...... I installed two on my friends bikes no probs.... mine has bad clutch....

They have none to even buy so Im screwed... bike is my only form of transportation........

my apologies, but I am so bummed I don't know what to do....

WOW.....

I DONT know where to buy a drive that will fit on this particular engine.....

super hard time coming for me.........

tonyslowrider

Feb 28, 2012
winter springs-FL
I installed the motor and was breaking it end this weekend so far the engine runs great it's smooth and fast... the 80/10 much quieter than my other 100/12 4 stroke motor probably cuz of the rattling Clutch Bell for 5/8" Centrifugal Clutch, you can tell difference when it's idling but really doesn't bother me,....... I live in FL so the roads are flat, so this gasbike motor is great for my stretched cruiser it's fast and fun...... but if you live where there's lots of hills the 4G T-Belt Transmission (5/8" Shaft) 100/12 might be a little better for you.... I love mine that's on the blue bike it's not about speed just cruising I stop at a red light hit the throttle and GO!!.............. 4 stroke engines pay more get more....... The gasbike for $249 so far it's worth it.

.bld.(c)

Attachments

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Holy low cranks Batman! You must have to plan ahead for corners. That's pretty slick, not exactly my bowl of Cheerios, but a pretty cool build nonetheless! :)

kiteman

Apr 22, 2013
port aransas ,tx
hey borntofli did u ever get a fix on the bad clutch from gasbike?

the 4 stroke that u helped me put together is a smooth dream ride.

I hope u can adapt that motor to an aftermarket trans. with a clutch that works.
I really wanted to buy another kit from them!! too bad they suck at customer service. I really value customer service because we are so far from most dealers and shipping means a group radar for the fedex guy.

Last edited:

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Well I sent my faulty drive to gasbike 2 weeks ago..... They say they never received it.... I will buy a new drive and NEVER EVER order from them again....

Took me a week to actually talk to someone.......

DO NOT BUY FROM GASBIKE....... THEY SUCK..........