Who do you recomend for spokes and wheels?

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 23, 2012
East Palestine, Ohio, USA
Hi,

I have not been around much lately. Been real busy with lots of stuff! I am getting itchy to work on my bike build and I need to get my rims sorted out before I start the frame. I got some real nice cruiser wheels off e-bay a while back. As well as a drum brake front hub and a Puch moped rear hub. I would like to get these laced into my wheels And I either need a reliable spoke sorce or a shop to assemble them for me.

Thanks!

Mike brnot

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
I laced my Puch hubs onto 26" rims and 9-5/8 (11g) spokes, both from Husky.

I used a cross three lace which is a little problematic on the rear hub and barely within the reach of the spokes.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Husky wheels are a GREAT! alternative to the over price Worksman, don't get me wrong they are Great wheels too but highly priced and the Waite to get them is another story as we all know Huffy wheels are pretty good I have used them on some bikes and they hold up well for the price of a Huffy at Wal-Mart you'd also get some donor parts off the as well ......
Bottom Bracket & Crank, Head set, Handle bars, Chain Fenders and some W/W tires and the High stop or Falcon is a clone to the Shimano CB E-110 but then you can get that Shimano Hub laced into the wheel if that's what you want.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
One thing I learned about Huffy the hard way is; you have to be VERY careful when ordering complete wheels. There is on some wheel sets a drop down box that you must select a tire / tube combo. No selection for tire /tube delete. and the really unfortunate bit is the default is the most expensive AND useless for our purposes, solid tire selection. I ended up with a very nice wheel set that I paid extra for a POS solid tire that I had to cut off. Didn't even notice the drop down box when ordering.