Something for inspiration

GoldenMotor.com

Retrax

Feb 5, 2014
Saint Paul
Something for inspiration, vintage and boardies

I had a chance to get up close and personal with some beautiful vintage bikes today. I know the owner of MidAmerica Auctions. Ron has a ton of bikes in, preparing for an upcoming Mecum Auction. Pics to follow.

Last edited:

Retrax

Feb 5, 2014
Saint Paul
This one was my favorite. The only aftermarket parts are the four valve heads. They expect it to fetch $75,000 to $100,000

Retrax

Feb 5, 2014
Saint Paul
Check out the additional handle bar steering linkage and momentary blade style kill switch

Front badge and another angle of steering

Retrax

Feb 5, 2014
Saint Paul
In case Sportscarpat wants another one, or anyone else is interested, he also has a GT-40 available. It was never titled and has the original MSO so the buyer will be the first official owner. It has less than THREE miles on it. I think the odometer says 2.6 miles. It is believed to be the lowest mileage GT in the world. It still has all the interior tags and labels on it. I have a few more pics of some of the other bikes I will post later.

Retrax

Feb 5, 2014
Saint Paul
Having the opportunity to see these early bikes in person gave me a lot of ideas for my future projects. I hope you guys enjoy the pics. They don't do justice to actually seeing all of them in person.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks for posting retrax

do you know anything of how the collection was amassed and the activity of this Doyle???

certainly a room of HEAVY METAL

Retrax

Feb 5, 2014
Saint Paul
Ron told me Mike Doyle is a major collector out of Dixon California. Ron wrote an article about it in the February 2014 issue of Mecum Monthly. Doyle was a self made man starting off working at, and then buying, a gas station. This expanded to a very successful tire shop.

He started buying bikes in 1990 and slowly acquired over 130 of them, restoring about a third of them himself. The article has some nice pics of a 2014 Indian F Head twin wth electric start, which I didn't get a chance to see. There's also a 1941 indian 4 cylinder, Harley XA Military, a 1948 Ford Flathead with less than fifty miles, and another 1941 indian wearing olive drab paint with tan leather (it is an 841 Military model).

Really amazing stuff. It was like being at a museum. The only thing I can compare it to was the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, except for the fact that I had full access to Ron's show floor all to myself for as long as I wanted :) These will be at the Mecum auction in Houston Texas on Sunday, April 13th.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks retrax--

a super collection and skills to have restored to what certainly appears to be factory
new- like condition

just great