Vtwin Alternative

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
This is the racing version of the concept, it sounds very much like there is almost no flywheel mass.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Zenoah makes a cool 66cc opposed twin similar to that Wooler engine, mounted up to a 90 degree transmission it would make a neat mini BMW, albiet for way too much money! lol

I think that twin will be a very fun and economical way to fit a twin to a small motorcycle A.G., great work!

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Zenoah makes a cool 66cc opposed twin similar to that Wooler engine, mounted up to a 90 degree transmission it would make a neat mini BMW, albiet for way too much money! lol

I think that twin will be a very fun and economical way to fit a twin to a small motorcycle A.G., great work!
Interesting. Do you have a pic or link for the Zenoah? I have never found anything remotely like the Wooler.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There are a few companies making flat twin 2 strokes, even flat 4s. Depending how big you want to go, you can even use microlight/drone engines:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
wow!
I want a flat twin, surely someone could make a set of cases and a crank for two HT barrels. Even a couple of 49cc pocket bike jugs?

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Briggs also mad some flat twins in lawn tractors 12-16 hp. Most were vertical but some were horzontal Toro for one............Curt

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
This is a opposed twin build that I just started. I was going to jack shaft it to the crank and use the three speed drive but have thought better of that. This engine should have enough power for the speed that a lightweight tire can handel. Instead I'll just run a belt drive and save the 3 speed for peddling.

I am also working on a vee twin engine like so many others are.

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
KOOOOOL what is the engine off of...........Curt
It is an old tecumseh twin. they made them for a few different bicycles but also used them on a lawnmower for a short time. 50's 60's.
Picked it up cheap on e-bay. I'll start a thread when I get further along. Got tired of seeing the engine sitting around.