A little something ive been working on

GoldenMotor.com

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Warning spelling and grammar in this thread will be horrible until I have chance to go back and edit my posts :rolleyes: posts may be added to or changed daily

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Since I have started this build I have kind off rethought out the gas bike thing I was hesitant to start this build but I had to prove to Myself that I could build a decent looking replica board tracker and ride it to get the feeling of the old days . This will be MY last gas bike as I am moving to Ebikes. I travel too much to to keep the gas bikes.If I keep it it wiil just sit in my garage at home for years until it gums up and rots away no one will ever see it. this bike will be sold to help finance some E bikes for my wife and I.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Scott, that is some nice work. Are you going to paint it or leave it patina?
Tell us all about it.

For those of you who don't know this man, let me assure he builds some nice looking motorized bikes. He's no newbie but an acomplished builder.

Tom

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Tom My wife took a job traveling so this bike has taken me almost a year to date. Working out of apt complexes isn't the best way but you can do alot on the 4x6 balcony of an apt. with harbor freight tools...... No paint for this one.. Its a 79cc hf engine. gov. removed.This one was a ground up build. The only thing I used from a bike was a bottom bracket out if a 16 inch kids bike ,some seat and chain stays and a lugged steer tube that a friend of mine had who I was visiting in LA for a week last january .. He happens to have all the tools for the job. i.e. tig, mig,torch,tube benders frame jig and a fork jig.. .I took it home and started staring at it for along time before starting. I knew i wanted belt drive and the look of the Indian.

Attachments

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Thanks everyone for the compliments.The front brake is a Sturmy Archer.......
Here is a pic of the fork on the jig and the engine stripped down and opened up to get the governer out and plug the holes that are left. Bare with me guys and girls its going to take a bit to find and resize all my photos

Attachments

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Yes Im attempting it . they will be going in the steamer box in the morning. I will post pictures. We will see how they turn out. they may have to go in the bbq. :eek:

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
FANTASTIC! Amazing work for a traveling build. Is that a Worksman front brake???
Thanks this thing has been to ca, az, nm, tx, ok, mo, ks, co,ut, nv.and back to ca now.. I have driven enough miles to cross the US 2.5 times this last year. hauling this thing everywhere. Hey Tom sorry I haven't had the time the stop in Denver this last year.

Last edited: