Winter project

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I've ben playing around in my new workshop. I picked up this frame at a local swap meet.
I decided to make a tank for it, but I can't decide weather to sell it or make a full bike.
would anyone in the RI. area be interested?

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
That wll make a really nice bike. Any idea what the frame is?
SB
Not a clue. I picked it at a swap for $30 . I knew it was old from the built in drop stand mounts . But I have no idea. just couldn't pass the deal by.

I have since mounted some forks, and modified a new neck to fit the old fork.
I'm thinking of cutting these bars down.

Or cutting these old ape hangers down to fit the bike . Or maybe the short bars of the Columbia in the back with the orange grips on them.

I haven't decided if I want to go for a Board tracker or a cruiser.
Also I'm going to torch the seat post and lean it back.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Not a clue. I picked it at a swap for $30 . I knew it was old from the built in drop stand mounts . But I have no idea. just couldn't pass the deal by.

(Snip)

I haven't decided if I want to go for a Board tracker or a cruiser.
Also I'm going to torch the seat post and lean it back.
Is the forks on the one with the ape hanger Schwinn Springer forks?

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Yes. It's a 48 Schwinn wz1 frame . I had the engine rebuilt now I need to get the hand controls and redo the frame and wheels.
Can you do some close up pictures of the pivot points and spring connection of those forks? Also a measurement of the tab on the main fork tubes that the pivot bolt passes through?

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Can you do some close up pictures of the pivot points and spring connection of those forks? Also a measurement of the tab on the main fork tubes that the pivot bolt passes through?
Sorry I haven't got to it yet. I've got the flue but when I feel better, I'll dig my way out to the shed.