Coated two stroke pistons

GoldenMotor.com

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
Ive been thinking about doing a run of two stroke pistons with hard coated crowns and hardcoated and ptfe treated skirts, reduced noise friction and heat. If I can get at least 10 people interested I'll give it a go, looking at $30 plus shipping, I'll knock it down to $22 if you do a core return of a piston in decent shape. This is the same treatment we do to the Mahle pistons and performance diesel pistons we coat at work.
Is this like nikisil or alumisil?

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i got the pistons ordered, every one who ordered one could you please send me your shipping addresses so i can figure out shipping costs, i will then send you a message with my pay pal info and shipping costs.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
for those in the USA is USPS flat rate boxes ok for shipping, that way is the same shipping price for every one? for those in canada, i will check on monday for shipping for you.

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
I'll ask again, what gains and or benefits of using these pistons..???

I'd gladly buy one or two if there is a reason to.....

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
to reduce noise, friction, and heat, DUHH... lol.... ill see what ppl say after they are ran =)

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Aren't the rings the only thing that contacts the cyl walls???? Or does the piston wobble and scrape against the side..........

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There's always contact between the piston and the wall, the rings are only there to seal the gap at the sides.

Air cooled engines are noisy when hot, because they need bigger clearances than water cooled. The idea is that if you can reduce the amount of heat going into the piston through the crown, then you can run closer tolerances which make the engine more efficient and quieter. Coating the piston with a dry film lubricant should mean less wear on start up and less drag from it in normal use.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Can you do one of CRmachineman's pistons if I send it to you,because I want to run 1 of his custom ramped pistons that's non gt5 .send me a pm with your email so we can hook up on us .

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
looking at about 7 bucks for flat rate shipping. for those in canada i will need to get back to you, im still waiting on my pistons, had a problem with pistonbikes failing to ship my order, so i had to call and talk to them about it, they just resent my order on friday, hoping they come in on monday. nice thing is they comped my shipping costs and offered to throw in some free stuff on my next order, so i do give them props for having some decent customer service, sorry about the delays tho. If the pistons come in this monday they will be ready to ship out by thursday.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Nice job on your business negotiations also and i for one really appreciate your effort. I am in no big yank with the attitude that it's an experiment. I was thinking to myself how tuff it would be to purchase a dozen pistons at one time. I saw all those pistons on the swap page and was hoping that was not you. LOL.

Thanks again for your time and effort screwing with this.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

ring lands taped off, cant coat the ring lands because of the steel retaining pin embedded into the piston

All racked up and ready to run with the wrist pin bore masked off

Isnt they beautiful? got and average coating thickness of .8mils on the skirt.

ptfe treated and ready to ship out, shipping is 7bucks in the USA, going with usps flat rate