intake issue plz help

GoldenMotor.com

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
I have a 2011 grubee skyhawk gt5 cns carb at the connection point of the fuel intake and carb i broke the plastic piece that creates the vaccum i've tried fabricating a new piece but every time i end up with the same issue the fabricated piece stays snuggly on the intake tube but vibrates off the carb im thinking about appoxy sealing the fabricated piece to the intake then to the carb but i don't wanna permanently seal it on the carb is there anything else someone can tell me like exact dimensions of it or what its called maybe i can find the part at a hardware store or fabricate a better part with proper dimensions thank you to everyone who helps n thank u to all who helped on my earlier post i've solved all issues with my bike besides the fabricated piece

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Im looking in my instructions now the piece im trying to fabricate is the plastic collar does anyone know its dimensions or were i can get a new one for cheap

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It's a common problem.

Somewhere in the repair section there is a thread by a fellow who fabricated one by slitting two short pieces of three/quarter copper tubing and slipping one within the other.
Then he put some goop on it when he assembled it.

Oh, with excellent results claimed! :)

Hope that helps head you in the right direction.
rc