no spark

GoldenMotor.com

crowm

Jan 19, 2012
CA.
changed plug no spark redid connection removed kill switch cleaned mag no spark ordered coil and mag

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The magneto choil and cdi are easy to check with a multi-
meter as Ron had posted. You can buy one at any parts store or home depot for about 25$, it won't be a fluke quality meter but will work for this.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
The magneto choil and cdi are easy to check with a multi-
meter as Ron had posted. You can buy one at any parts store or home depot for about 25$, it won't be a fluke quality meter but will work for this.
If there is a Harbor Freight around, one can buy them for $4.99 - 20%... January flier..can be picked up in the store..(not on special..$9.99 - 20%) I have 4 of them (Truck, camper, office, and in the garage) when they have a Freebee in the paper. They will do everything needed to do around the home. Nice thing, drop a Fluke and you loose hundreds, drop a HF meter and go buy another for $5.00. Item # 98025/90899...

Post #6 http://motorbicycling.com/f14/engine-problem-36519.html

Last edited:

crowm

Jan 19, 2012
CA.
got it running changed mag and coil going to solder blue and black wires,question should i not hook up kill switch? looking for reliability

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
Yes, he should hook up the kill switch or yes he should NOT hook up the kill switch? I went without a kill switch for a day and I didn't like it. I like being able to turn off the engine. To me China Doll and reliability don't go together anyway:)