Are your close-up pictures always fuzzy?

GoldenMotor.com

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY

Then it's time for you to discover the great function of the "Macro" setting! With this setting turned on, your camera will now focus on closer objects. VERY close. Depending on the camera, you can get as close as 1/2" away from the subject, and I'm talking about a point-n-shoot camera, not a professional camera. Believe it or not, the cheaper, lower-zoom cameras work the best for close-up shots. The picture above was taken with my 10x zoom camera at about 1-1/2" away, but this picture below was taken with my trusty 3x zoom camera! Those letters are on my micrometers and are about 1/8" tall and the whole word is maybe 1/2" long.

No more fuzzy pictures, no more resorting to using terrible quality cel-phone pictures, just great focused images that you can use to show people exactly how you put something together or how you had to modify something to get it to work. It's that simple, just one button push.

Just remember to turn it off when you're taking regular pictures because things may not be in focus or only the object "focused" on will be in focus, nothing immediately behind or in front of the object will.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Don't forget to mention that using a tripod, or a stationary mount for the camera will also help with those low light photos. Many cameras automatically shut off the flash feature for macro work and the low light/slow shutter speed will give you shaky and fuzzy photos if the camera can move.
Tom

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Only time my close-up (macro) pics are fuzzy is if I've had too much to drink.....which is almost never. Just look at my pics, you'll see......

Example:URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/img0983ga.jpg/]
[/URL]

dnut

Edit: hey Thud, look at this cam.......

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/img0982tr.jpg/]
[/URL]

Last edited:

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
That is the UGLYest cam I have ever seen.....the guy who cast it had a few too many the night before.....& all the QC guys musta been sick that day..I am just glad that poor blind children can find work in china...(engine assemblers)

But the photo is perfect.

EDIT: please tell me you grind cams for a living & those are rough blanks....I hate to think thoses are take-offs out of a small greyhound (now preditor)

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Camera recommend- the Fuji Hybrid- I bought one a couple of years back- well under two hundred then and the best camera in it's price range- both LED screen on back AND Through the Lens viewing- mine has 12 to 1 zoom- I think it's up to about 20 or 21 to one now and about $200- VERY CLEAR high pixles- MUST resize to post here-
Has FOUR normal batteries in the handle that last a long time- shoot accepatable sound video with only pre-zoom setting.

but it has both a "Macro" and a "super-macro" If you need a camera in the lower end range- and it's usually well over a hundred to get something decent- spend just a small bit more get this hybrid!

(^)

Attachments

Last edited: