How do i adjust a two shoe clutch

GoldenMotor.com

mrleo

Aug 16, 2011
cal.
I can find out how to do a three shoe but i have a two shoe are they the same? Iam going to change the oil and check it out.
Leo

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
only way is to change the springs soft= low rpm stiff= hi rpm. some say oil wt but i dont think it does that much. good luck dennis

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
only way is to change the springs soft= low rpm stiff= hi rpm. some say oil wt but i dont think it does that much. good luck dennis
Ayup agreed get softer springs. oil ''will not make the clutch do this'' The sooner you get into the power band on these motors the better power you get. They make softer springs..

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Morini clutches run in an oil bath. Both the 2 and 3 shoe versions. There's an 80W Bel-Ray Gear Saver oil that is used by a lot of people for both styles.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i use HP 80-85 wt racing oil. funny in that it pours like 30wt and it does not stink like regular hvy oil. i never heard of hp oil before i used it but thats all the honda shop had and the guys behind the parts counter knew nothing about motorcycles. i could been at a pep boys.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Went with softer springs on my 5.8 and I dont like it. Its much slower getting up to rpms and turned it into a sluggish dog. It is very difficult to get the rpms to max out.

One thing that surprises me even going down a step hill, the motor will never over rev now? Before going down step hills I had to back off the throttle to avoid over revving it, now I can hold wide open.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I wonder about useing 1 heavy spring and light spring as a way to tune a clutch? Was it here or somewhere else I just saw a photo of a clutch with 4 springs . One was taken out because it was bent and the owner said it engages at a lower RPM and smoother.

I have a KTM dealer here in town and a cycle shop just down the street. I'll have to go check them out for parts. :)