Tanaka PF-3300 on Amazon for $89.00 (New)

GoldenMotor.com

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I see another 4 listed on Amazon still @ $89 w/free shipping.
Seems like when they get to zero, seller lists a few more?
Get'em while they're hot.
-Lowracer-

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
workmanFL,
I am watcing your listing & saw that you landed a bid...woohoo..
At least you get your money back on something you dont need laying around.
I'm hanging onto mine even though its sitting in a box in a bike parts closet (yeah, wifey gave me my own closet...lol)
If I blow up all 3 pocket bike engine I have now, I may be tempted to put the Tanaka into service...Keeping my Subaru Robin EH035 too just in case.
I'm loving the extra power I get out of these Stage 2 cags & hope they last awhile...
-Lowracer-

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I wanted to buy another tanaka but the wife put a stop to that. She said with this new bike 2 bikes are enough, I still need a f/d kit and shes ok with that. I suppose shes right. Still need the accessories too which will probably cost $150 or close. Scored me a craigslist bike for $60 so i'm feeling pretty good at whats invested so far.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Hey Lowracer can you check my thread real quick? Im not sure if your getting notifications, but I haven't got a reply.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
workmanFL,
I am watcing your listing & saw that you landed a bid...woohoo..
At least you get your money back on something you dont need laying around.
I'm hanging onto mine even though its sitting in a box in a bike parts closet (yeah, wifey gave me my own closet...lol)
If I blow up all 3 pocket bike engine I have now, I may be tempted to put the Tanaka into service...Keeping my Subaru Robin EH035 too just in case.
I'm loving the extra power I get out of these Stage 2 cags & hope they last awhile...
-Lowracer-
Yeah thanks man.
I have one more that i'll hold on to.
It was said you can quick flip it for an easy $100.00.
More like a "pain in the but $8.00"!
:)

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Worksman how many watchers do you have? I remember posting an ebay listing that had so many watchers but no bids, but at the last minutes of the auction the bids were bombing.

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Thanks for your bid, whoever u are!

Heres my math:

89 buy
20 ship
13 ebay fees

122 total costs - 130 sell...

= a whopping $8.00 profit!!

Wow, i'm going to Disneyworld!
No, scratch that, i'm going to buy a value meal at Mcee Dees, supersized!
JMO, you won't get heavy bidding as long as Amazon is selling/giving them away for $89.00

Hang onto your spares for a year, then sell them.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
JMO, you won't get heavy bidding as long as Amazon is selling/giving them away for $89.00

Hang onto your spares for a year, then sell them.
Two days passed since winning bid at $130.00 with me NETTING A HUUUGE @ $8.00 profit.

Buyer has yet to pay.

Things that make you go hmmm...

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
I bought one of these engines as well.
After reading about the 50-1 gas/oil ratio including break-in, I stoped by a small engine repair facility that has long standing in the community and asked about it.
He said that it was listed as that because the were required to, in order to be compliant with EPA and C.A.R.B. requirements. Being proactive, Tanaka made sure that they had plenty of replacements on hand for the breakdowns.
the replacements are now outdated, and the warehouse cleared for the newer ones. One wouldn't want his 2011 engine replaced with a 2010 or his 2012 with a 2011.
He also said to me that he would never run 50-1 in his engines, and tells new owners not to. He runs 32-1 with Opti. Says to break'em at 25-1.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I bought one of these engines as well.
After reading about the 50-1 gas/oil ratio including break-in, I stoped by a small engine repair facility that has long standing in the community and asked about it.
He said that it was listed as that because the were required to, in order to be compliant with EPA and C.A.R.B. requirements. Being proactive, Tanaka made sure that they had plenty of replacements on hand for the breakdowns.
the replacements are now outdated, and the warehouse cleared for the newer ones. One wouldn't want his 2011 engine replaced with a 2010 or his 2012 with a 2011.
He also said to me that he would never run 50-1 in his engines, and tells new owners not to. He runs 32-1 with Opti. Says to break'em at 25-1.
LOL me (40cc Tanaka) and my father (32cc Tanaka) have been running Opti 100:1 for the last 8 months with zero issue. Ive also been running 100:1 in my Morini S6S. I have faith in this product, tell your buddy he has nothing to fear.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
My buddy has nothing to fear. He makes a living fixing engines that people have burned up. He's not riding around on them, he's busy taking them apart and ridding them of nasty noise.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Sorry, but just to be clear - recommending 25/32:1 with an advanced synthetic designed to be run at 50/100:1 is just bad advice.

Get a quality non-synthetic if you wish to run such rich oil ratios, if you don't trust synthetics or even the manufacturer's instructions regarding their warrantied product.

At the very least it will save you money on oil.