Just pull?

GoldenMotor.com

Tahq

Sep 2, 2011
Corona, CA
The gasket between the gearbox and the motor shredded so I need to pull the box. Is the large gear on the right just pressed in place and just needs to be pulled? I do not see any nut or threaded areas on shaft. I did not receive the gear puller tool with kit so I will have to use a regular three arm puller.
This is a hoot on a 4 stroke HS. I know it has a history of issues so once I have the gear of I will better align the gears and grease it up.

Thanks

Attachments

Tahq

Sep 2, 2011
Corona, CA
Will not budge. Pulley puller cranked to max hand tight and two prying screwdrivers and nada. Has anyone put a torch to one of these with result or am I better cutting through the remaining two bolts?

Tahq

Sep 2, 2011
Corona, CA
Well I was able to remove without taking off the gear. The two bolts behind the gear were on hand tight. I'm guessing whoever installed the box was also unable to remove the gear and just hand tightened. That would explain why the gearbox came loose after nine miles.
If I cant work it off now that it is hand, I guess I will take it into an auto garage and see if they can pull it.