2 Stroke Engine Rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

Wippenshox

Jun 12, 2011
Brazil
I made a very long search on the internet, but I couldn't find a single tutorial on this matter.
As a newbie, I would really like to know how to rebuild an engine. What to look for on the parts and how to judge if it's time to replace them, the procedures and care. You know, all the details.

Someone could do a 10 minute video on Youtube and I believe that will be perfect.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I made a very long search on the internet, but I couldn't find a single tutorial on this matter.
As a newbie, I would really like to know how to rebuild an engine. What to look for on the parts and how to judge if it's time to replace them, the procedures and care. You know, all the details.

Someone could do a 10 minute video on Youtube and I believe that will be perfect.
I have posted so many times I can't count the number.

Chinese HT breakdown pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Dude, you have a serious problem.

You want to know how to rebuild an engine that you don't even have.

Go buy something and have fun in Brazil.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I had up-grade parts before my motor got here myself. The sick bike parts expansion chamber was here waiting for the boygofast kit even though I ordered them at the same time and it really didn't take long for the motor to get here :)

This guys smart to have researched this so well, well enough to know what usually goes wrong or need fixed before he tries to start one up.

I think this is one of the better rebuild threads here. He has part numbers for many of the up-grades.

http://motorbicycling.com/f13/66cc-engine-tear-down-setting-high-27007.html

Last edited:

Wippenshox

Jun 12, 2011
Brazil
I had up-grade parts before my motor got here myself. The sick bike parts expansion chamber was here waiting for the boygofast kit even though I ordered them at the same time and it really didn't take long for the motor to get here :)

This guys smart to have researched this so well, well enough to know what usually goes wrong or need fixed before he tries to start one up.

I think this is one of the better rebuild threads here. He has part numbers for many of the up-grades.

http://motorbicycling.com/f13/66cc-engine-tear-down-setting-high-27007.html
Thank you a lot for the help, and also for understanding me.
Daniel Maia has a forum and he seems to have a lot of experience on motorized bicycles.

Good to know he is here too.

Chrisc1978

Feb 19, 2021
Dude, you have a serious problem.

You want to know how to rebuild an engine that you don't even have.

Go buy something and have fun in Brazil.
What's your point? I don't see the problem, or why it's any concern of yours. I know how to build more engines than I will ever own on my lifetime. Do I have a problem too? What's wrong with learning about something because it catches your interest? I have respect for this kid taking initiative and doing his due diligence ahead of time. Or should he be one of the idiots asking randoms on Facebook what to do every time he has an issue? People like you are exactly why this global pandemic made me happy. The amount of ignorance I'm forced to endure on the daily has greatly diminished. Why don't you go bully your wife and kids and if you are jealous of a young man's ambition and thirst for knowledge keep that to yourself, it's just tacky to say the least.

Chrisc1978

Feb 19, 2021
LOL that post was in 2011, don’t think you will get a reply.............Curt
Not the first time I've done that...really need to start checking though because what was relevant 10 years ago could be something completely different now. Things change all the time, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that dude's probably still better than everyone else. Gotta be...

Reactions: curtisfox