What did you do to it today.

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Leaks in the tank most likely are around the welded screws for mounting. Welding a screw to thin sheet metal is an art, one the welders employed in China have no skill at. Simply bending the screw a bit can open a hole. All 4 screw mounts on my tank got the Permatex Epoxt Putty treatment. You can get the epoxy in the adheasives section ay WallyWorld. It's a 1 part stick you cut off for what you need and knead it in your fingers to mix then mould it around the screws and tank.

My bike...bleah. I rebuilt the stock ignition due to my motor yesterday started to buck and backfire which leads me to believe that it's the ignition. I'd have tried it already BUT it's raining :p

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
It rained here as well so I built a third wheel to try beside the rear wheel. My balance was carp yesterday. In the end I discarded it since I felt better today. So I wasted three hours but I have time to waste.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Mounted a speedo (cheapo wally-world Schwinn) and a tach on the tank. The tach, I mounted with Velcro. Learned that from Rustico Ray. Works amazingly well.

Long ride doing some errands.

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Today I just rode it.xct2

I recently installed a larger engine chainring sprocket, which lowered the bike's gear ratio from 32.46:1 to 36.98:1...a granny gear for hills. Throttle response is super sensitive in most of the eight speeds. The bike wants to lift the front wheel off the ground on the first two gear changes..wee.

Today was a test run from home to the park outside of Waikiki, about nine miles. The ride home took 36 minutes, just keeping up with traffic all the way.

There's a slight clunking sound coming from the bottom bracket area. I can feel it more than hear it.

It might be a stiff chain link, so I'll check them all.

Last edited: