50cc or 66? (80)

GoldenMotor.com

50 or 80cc. Would you want an American produced engine kit?

• 50cc

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • 80cc

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • yes, I would prefer an American made kit.

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • No, I like the inexpensive China kits.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I hate polls.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • all of the above.

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Did anyone notice Dave's comment? I think he's up to something. Can I be one of your testers Dave? Take me to your leader rotfl
Don't know what you speak of? All I did was make a prediction. I also predict those that attend DR 2011 might get to see something really cool.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Numbers are interesting and thanks all for voting. 6.75 to one would prefer American made and almost twice prefer more power. Last one, I thought would be higher.

Did the math on my fingers but think I'm close. Not that it's all that an exhaustive research.

If an American kit /engine ever does come to the market, would be really cool if it was uniform, other vendors could come out with all sorts of after market and upgrade stuff. Just a thought. I for one really enjoy tinkering and trying to get them less or more of something. Power, sound or speed. All mostly the fun of experimenting for me.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
upgrades are nice, and fun. here in ca we have c.a.r.b. but thats another post. back in the 60's go cart's were a popular hobby with lots of tracks and mfg's then people started one upping one another until they had 2 and 3 motors on a 25 mph cart going alot faster than they should have and people started to get injured and all of a sudden no more tracks. carting still lives but its alot safer and faster than ever before. what im trying to say is its better to have a safe 55mph bike at 25mph than a 55mph motor on a 25mph bike or as baird said go the way of pocket bikes and 3 engine 25mph go carts. god bless and ride safe! dennis