bike buyers.com does not stand behind their warentee

GoldenMotor.com

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
i bought a springer front end from them when it arrived i quickly learned it wouldn't work with my brake setup. I emailed them several times over 6 months and they wouldn't reply once i am stuck with a brand new 75 dollar springer front end i have no use for.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
but, is it their fault that the product they sell and you bought doesn't work the way you want it to?

did they misrepresent any facts? did they tell you it would work?

what i'm sayin' is, if you bought something from them with the intention of using it in a way it wasn't designed for, it's your mistake, and they have no legal (or moral) obligation to refund your money or take responsibility for it.

you should see the pile of parts i have laying around because i thought "hey, this just might work..."

if you were cool to them, they might take it back and refund your money, but after 6 months of emails, they probably don't wanna deal with you anymore. i'm willing to bet they weren't the friendliest of emails on your part.

just sell it on ebay and cut your losses, and next time, do a little more research.

sorry if i'm coming off a little harsh, but the whole "the customer is always right" attitude is nonsense. they did their job by getting you the part you wanted. it's not their fault you can't use it.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i really have to agree with bairdco n not just because he's a guy that makes cool bikes. if they don't want to accept returns on an item that has no reason that legitimately warrants a replacement/refund, they don't have too.

it would be nice for them too but they really have no obligation too.

anyways with the shipping back to them costing you more money, mite as well (again agree with bairdco)sell it on ebay or craigslist or something, make most of your money back.

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
I don't like either of your answer's but i see your point and i guess your right heck maybe ill keep it it does give me an excuse to build another bike i guess