26-Inch Schwinn Mens Cruiser Bike $68.63 SHIPPED!

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That is a good deal. The Southport is a Jaguar with a different paint scheme. There have been several shown here on the forum used as foundations for motorized bikes. The Schwinn (Pacific Cycle) Jags, Southports, are sturdy bikes that will take an engine and deliver a good ride. I own two Jags and if I had any garage space left, :( I'd order one of these. Thanks. Maybe someone will benefit from it.
Tom

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
I put in a cart and shipping was $81.00 total 150 something. Not that great a deal. It would be if there was free shipping.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
arrgh that is a deal killer for sure! There was free shipping on this bu maybe it is only for certian states (west coast probally)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yep, agreed. I could drive over to Target and pick one up for about $100.00 when they go on sale. The Jags used to sell for $149 and on sale for $124. I got one for $90.00 because it had a couple of scratches on the downtube. The problem with having a bike shipped to you is you might get one that was damaged in shipping, missing parts etc, then you get into the hassles of dealing with that. I like to SEE what I'm getting before I lay down the bucks. Still, if was free shipping it would have been a good deal.
Tom

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
I'm looking for a bike that's EXACTLY this. (A 7 speed cruiser)
Do you guys have any reviews for these bikes that people order online? I've read some reviews for these bikes and some people complain about the sprockets catching the wheel spokes and whatnot.
I'm just looking for a cheap, but not poorly constructed cruiser for my new build so it has to hold up to engine abuse!! haha

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
Ok well I'm not made of gold here bairdco!
By the way, just add that to a cart. THE SHIPPING IS 80 DOLLARS!!!!!
WWWHHHAAATTT????

I'm assuming I'll be spending roughly 180 for a decent 7-speed cruiser online :)
I just hope I don't get a super cheaply designed bike. :S

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm not even close to being rich, i'm just saying...

all of my builds are done with a used, quality american bike, and i just search for great deals on everything. if i had to buy everything new, i'd be paying thousands, for a bike i can build up for much less.

a new Brooks seat for example can cost as much as $200, but a great used one from ebay that someone put in the wrong category or spelled their ad wrong, can be found for under 10 bucks. i paid $1.25 for one (not including shipping.)

my tires and tubes are right about 70 bucks altogether, and that's still pretty cheap, for the quality of tires they are (Kenda Kiniptions.) certain things i won't skimp on, quality tires and tubes being two (or 4, actually) of them.

those things seperate me from the pavement. :)

NerpAngel

Sep 28, 2009
Ellensburg,WA
Wow great deals you found there!

I'm pretty sure I'll invest in some better wheels if I order one of these cruisers online.
Like I said though... I hope these cruisers online aren't cheap

heyscuba

Jan 19, 2011
st. louis, missouri
I heard some of the bikes you'll buy at stores like Target and Wall Mart have cheap frames, not welded well just some spot welds, and these are frames that you don't want to be on going 35 mph's,... so which one's are good and which ones are bad,...? the Schwinn frames ok,...?