Problems with ordering from gasbike dot net....

GoldenMotor.com

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
Ok , so many of you have seen my intro post , and my start of the build up...

I just need to get some opinions on this , b/c I am a little frustrated now...

I ordered the skyhawk kit 2 weeks ago. After I ordered it , they send you the immediate receipts and the tracking number. I checked the tracking , and it showed that "info for pick up was received" , but it was not picked up for shipping until 3 FULL days later. I did get the kit in almost two weeks... and everything was packed well and in good order , so I was not upset. Their customer service would not respond to my emails and when I called they stated that it was fedex shipping problem.

Now :

I placed my second order, Thurs morning 9am , and exactly the same thing is happening ... and they will not respond to emails. 4 days will go by now before the item is received by fedex .... that's guessing that monday it will ship and maybe get it before Christmas , maybe. ( plan was to build my nephew one , I could have a riding buddy and something for him to do when he visits)

I wouldn't be as upset , but if you go to their main page , it states VERY clearly on the top right hand corner " All Orders Ship Same Day " , when I asked customer service I was told "yes, your order qualifies" but apparently that is not true. If it was free shipping I could understand , but I am paying $60 for shipping .... something is wrong and I get no answer.
I ship things all the time when selling on ebay, and I don't have problems with the items being shipped the day of when I contact the shipper.

Anyone else have this problem recently ????

I like their products , but I also like answers and not run around or non-replies to emails .... and I have been very pleasant in my emails , no angry tone whatsoever .....

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
They must have gotten backed up from their black Friday sale or something. I've order four motors from them, all were shipped the same day and I received them a couple of days later.

Ursus

Aug 12, 2010
NYC
I got my kit from them as well. It was poorly packed.. everything was stuffed in.. also the clutch cover looked like it was dropped on and the spark plug was shipped in the engine was cracked in half. Luckily they sent it with another but its only a single prong plug. the one that was in the engine was a triple. I got a black engine and the paint was chipped off in several places. Probably from its poor packing. it looked like they just threw it in the box. There were no visible marks from the exterior of the box so it looked like it was handled properly by fed ex. Shipping also took some time from them..

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
I got my gt-5 from them. Got it in 5 days weekend included. No prob with my engine order. The problem with them is the customer service. THEY SUCK! Yes they have a lot of nice add ons and the best price on most items, but you cant get a hold of a single person there if you have a problem. I tried, no go. I ordered a bunch of accessories from them, on the web site it says 2 weeks for free shipping, no other option. When you look at the confirmation email it says 3 weeks. The people running this place are completely retarded. They have no idea what one hand is doing compared to the other. The only time I would ever say go and order at gasbike is if you want an engine kit for less and no tech support, or you have a lot of time to wait for your accessories/parts to arrive. Overall, I will most likely not order another accessory from them in my life unless I really need it and they are the only ones that have it. If I need a motor kit I might, due to them shipping it on time and Im good with motors. If you are a newb and need help with anything on your new motor bike build DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM GASBIKE.NET. If they cant help you on an order dont expect them you help you on a warrenty at all.

Zoomie

Dec 8, 2010
Chicago, IL
Got my kit from them about a week ago... it only took 5-6 days to get the kit after I ordered. I had no problems at all... Finishing the install this weekend...

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Just because I seen the complaints here, I decided to search online to see if there were any bad reviews about them and there were quite a few complaints. It would seem that the most common complaint is the customer service in non-existent, they won't return e-mails with customers who have problems, and may hang up on you if you actually expect them to honor a sale that they already took your money for. Needless to say, I like to learn from others mistakes and I don't believe I will order from them. I don't want to see if I will be one of the lucky ones that receive an order without problems, or questions needing answers.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
My experience with Gasbike... By Motorbike Wanabe

Twas about a week before Christmas and all through the forum, posters were buzzing and fussing of Gasbike's decorum. Many engine kits ordered and parts to rebuild them (I'd even bought parts for some folks who adored them!) My experiences many, disappointments were few, they'd even re-shipped things to make an order come through! They once missed an intake tube while packing an order, but when asked about it, quickly shipped one over the border. Some engines were silver and some engines were black, but we never had reason to go send one back. Mis-packaged, mis-labeld sometimes there does occur, but never has nothing my purchase deter.

Just as quickly as UPS had appeared, I've received all my orders with nary a fear. THe guy in the brown truck knows what I'm all about, and leaves the driveway with all but a shout, "On Grubee, on Black Horse, on Raw and on Skyhawk!" makes him even question all the negative talk. All calls have been answered and problems addressed, so just like with the others, their service is best. I hear them on rooftops shouting all with a blather, "Black Fridays are sale days!" tempting me for another. With engines aplenty and rides that I like, always a good ride and to all, a good bike...

The End

brnot

southsiderider4life

Dec 9, 2010
Florida
I ordered a 66cc/80cc jet stealth engine kit from gasbike.net with a $25 high performance carbuerator upgrade and they sent me a grubee skyhawk gt-5 with a CNS carb. It took almost 3 weeks to arrive, and when it did, I opened the box to discover broken air breather, smashed chain guard, no in-line filter, jammed clutch, bent sprocket, numerous deep gouges in the engine housing, and when I attempt to turn the engine by hand with a 19mm socket, I hear grinding popping, and scraping noises. The outer box from U.S.P.S. was undamaged, and the inner one from gasbike was smashed on the corners, sides, etc., which leads me to believe that they shipped it to me that way knowingly, not that it was damaged in transit. When I spoke with them, they told me to file a claim with the post office. So I'm out of $170 for a broken engine that I didn't even order. I'm an A.S.E. certified automotive technician, so I'm trying to maintain my professionalism with this group of individuals @ gasbike, however I wouldn't advise placing any orders with them.