Bairdco Motor Mount Block for 1 1/8" tubes

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
here's my new motor mount extender block for older cruisers and bikes with 1 1/8 tubing.

they're designed to fit into the existing front mount to extend it, or into the motor itself.

billet aluminum, elongated holes for an easy fit, and tighter tolerances than the kit motor, as you can see in the photos...

for sale soon, if the demand is there, so let me know if anyone's interested.

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
good idea,,needs to come in various lengths or have a top and bottom with different thicknesses center plates,,if longer they could cut the extra length from the center with a careful hacksaw job,,and then again for longer ones ,they could cut them in the center (or use a top and bottom (if this design change is concidered) and add equal stacks of fender plate washers

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice, Bairdco. I wonder if Justin at Pirate would carry them. A lot of the newer motors, including the pk-80 are a hassle to fit into the cruiser frames for that reason. Your mount is good and solid. I like it.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
dunno yet. depends on demand, really. if i sell a couple, they'd be 20 bucks apiece. if i sold a hundred, i could probably half that.

(uh oh, looks like this thread might get moved to swap n shop...:))
After you sell the first one...its outa here :)
Tom

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i forgot the measurements...

it's a little over an inch tall, 30mm, actually.

it fits my colson perfectly, and i think it'd fit some other bikes just as well.

the guy machining these is just modifying an existing part they use for something else, so i dunno if any sizes or anything else will be available for awhile.

mostly i just wanted to show off how cool it is, but if there's a demand, there'll be a supply...:)

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i'm resurrecting this old thread, 'cause i have a coupla these for sale. working to get them into full-on production soon, as well as some other much needed upgraded parts.

fits older schwinns and almost every old cruiser with the swooping 1-1/8"downtube. i used them on my Colsons, a Firestone Monark, and a schwinn knock-off with no modification.

can also be ground down on a slight angle to match the down tube perfectly, thanks to the oval holes.

(tom, time to move this to swap and shop...:) )

price right now is $18 plus shipping.

p.m. me for billing info...

Last edited: