worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Scotto, Kevlar:

Heres and ad for an awesome bike, only 2,000 miles, super reliable
Kawasaki Vulcan 500, $2,500.

2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD

Heres the thing:
If you "got it like that", you'd buy Lances Motorized Bicycle, AND the Kawasaki Vulcan 500.

If you dont "got it like that", you're gonna have to decide.

(btw I dont got it like that) :)

Lance -
Kudos to you. :)
Awsome finished bike, well thought out, unique and clean lines.

Last edited:

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
thanks for the props taco, my bikes and the staton transmission are made in the USA not china. I handbuild my wheels and bikes, I raced that bike in the death race and got 9th place, over 70 hours of hard use no problems, not even a flat, my girlfriend even rides on the back sometimes, 30 mph 150 mpg.
lance
designlogicbikes.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Dang, you must live in a rich neighborhood. I've advertised my bike on craigslist a few times for $1500. Even dropped it down to $1200 just to see if anybody would be interested. Never a bite on the bike, but got some custom build jobs.

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
The bikes I build are for utility, deliveries, long distance touring, and to take the place of driving your car.
They have a 200+ lbs capacity on the rear rack which can carry people or groceries. The utility aspect of my bikes is what differs it from all other "play" motorbicycles which might look cool but offer no utility.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
my "play" motorbicycle pulls my grandkids and I everywhere they need me to take them,,,
that is exactly why I built her, and that is "utility" enough for me

I hope you have luck in filling the niche you are aiming at :)

Creative Sawmonkey

Oct 6, 2010
Tampon, Litterbox(FL)
so there is not even a photo on your website of a Complete bike with out all the american stuff. And Mbikers are cheap individuals, good luck. People want cheap in this hobby, Maybe with a bit more homework and you will see what im talking about. Selling a bike for 550 makes people stare at you like something is growing off the side of you face or like somethings burning. Im sure you will sell a few, there is always someone ready to fork out the cash for something somewhat nice.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
I agree with Creative on not having your website updated.

Lance:
When will that be done?
You made mention of your girlfiend on the back... can you post a pic of that? :)
Does the back platform have a seat?
Does the bike have passenger pegs?

Thank you. :)

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
All of this talk about bikes hauling stuff reminded me of something. Showing my age now folks! In the Vietnam War the North Vietnamese figures out a way of moving war supplies south through Cambodia to the border of South Vietnam. The problem was that trucks were visible by the naked eye from planes and by the heat given off at night with heat detectors. The answer to the problem was....a bicycle! They had thousands of them. They could load a couple of hundred pounds of supplies on each bike and the person would just push the bike. Now this was over some tough terrain, mountain trails of rock and mud. For hundreds of miles. The bikes did the job just fine. Plain everyday steel framed bikes that the civilians used every day.

Terry

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Design Logic Motorbicycles are USA made from 4130 cromo built around the Staton transmission
and Staton rear dual drive hub.
the way the bike in the picture is specd, would cost closer to $3,000
The bike for $2600 will have a Subaru 35 cc 4 stroke engine not a Honda 50 cc
The stem and seatpost in the picture are Thompson, an American company, the model for $2600 will not have those American parts but it can be upgraded.
The headset on the pictured model is a Chris king, an American company. The price retail for this headset is $120 and will not be on the $2600 model unless upgraded to it.
The seat on the bike in the pic is a Brooks, it retails for $120 and would not be on the $2600 model
The pedals are Easton $120 retail, not on the $2600 model
The other parts will be the same on the $2600 model

DMR 20 mm cromo threadless fork with DMR 20mm thru axle front hub laced to a DT swiss rim
Staton rear hub with a sun 48 hole rim
both wheels are handbuilt with dt stainless spokes
Maxxis hookworm tires 2.5
Hayes stoker ace front disc brake
Shimano v brake in the rear
handlebar is a fly mike day cromo
Shimano deore tripple, 2 piece crank and bb
Grips are ODI, an american company
all other parts ie shifters, derailleurs, freewheels, chains, etc will be Shimano
Hi Lance,

For the benefit of all potential customers, I'm thinking a cleaned up version of your description above would make sense on your website.
In addition to more pics - profile, hub view front and rear, possible accessories, etc...

Do you sell bike only, no engine?

I am looking forward to your updates and best of luck with your new business!

:)

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
the bike has a seat and pegs for my girlfriend to ride with me but i havent posted pix of those acessories, the only things not on the bike for $2695 is the seatpost and stem which are american made by thompson and headset is by chris king. these parts alone are over $300. A complete bike without engine, subtract $500 for the subaru engine and staton trans, or just a frame and fork if u have all the parts yourself. private message me if you want more info.
thanks to all for your info and imput

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
looking at the new pic ,I see u built in a spinngy frame section that gives when loads are forward of the rear wheel triangle ,close to the seat,,,,the chain stay would pivot and flex up from the motor location and the long brace on top would pivot and flex as the rear wh. triangle pushes up and forward from weight in the rider area,I am thinking an additional brace finishing the triangle configuration from the seat to the wheel,extending from top forward of the wh triangle to the motor area where the angle tube comes back from the seat,that would complete the bracing and flex problem

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
I have over 100 hours on that bike, 0 problems 30mph, 150 mpg, 200 lbs cargo carrying ability, bikes are built from 4130 cromo. no flex here
designlogicbikes.com