Seen on Ebay, vintage bike

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Sometimes bargains come up on ebay when you aren't expecting them. I've gotten so used to the old mens Elgins going for high bucks that I don't even bid. A rusty frame alone often goes for well over a hundred for just a plane Jane mens model. Then pay shipping. I recently put a watch on a complete mens Elgin... 1930's bike just asking for a motor and built in tank. This had everything and sold with almost no bids for $42.00 and $60.00 for shipping coming to a little over a hundred bucks. I've seen beat up fenders go for as much.Or just the beat up seat. Incredible. It's hard to find rare bikes locally so ebay is a good resource, but also often an expensive one. A low ball sniper bid sometimes pays off. Wish I'd bid on that one...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have seen the evil ebay misses...I was watching a mandolin worth a couple hundred and the guy had it at .99 starting bid.....no one bid on it, and I was at work. It didn't even sell for .99!!!!!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if i had that first bike, i wouldn't put a motor on it. unless i could get a early 1900's engine. that bike's too good to wreck, and all original. after swapping wheels and whatever else to make it reliable, you'd be better off buying an old rusty one and building it up.