49cc generator

GoldenMotor.com
Hi Karma1968,

I am working on a simillar project, but am using a smaller alternator. What brand of generator are you using and where are you planning to drive it from. I have decided on several access points to drive the alternator when the motor is turning as opposed to driving on the drive output [only works with bike in motion].

Are you planning on a small battery and keeping it charged via the generator, or running the electric straight from the generator?

I will follow your progress with great interest, keep up the good work.

Have fun,

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton
Respuesta: Re: 49cc generator

Hi Karma1968,

I am working on a simillar project, but am using a smaller alternator. What brand of generator are you using and where are you planning to drive it from. I have decided on several access points to drive the alternator when the motor is turning as opposed to driving on the drive output [only works with bike in motion].

Are you planning on a small battery and keeping it charged via the generator, or running the electric straight from the generator?

I will follow your progress with great interest, keep up the good work.

Have fun,

when its finished it will work off the motor like a alternator. the setup will work with a regulator and battery.

i need to order parts from the scooter store. i read somewhere on this forum 22 chains have a rpm limit. so im looking at using a belt.

cheers

motor_head

Dec 18, 2008
iowa
looks like those moped ones that are cheap was thinking of using one but couldn't find out what pins are for what, how did you find that schematic

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton

Hi Karma1968,

The regulator looks like the one Whizzer uses on their production motorbikes [#9170]. If so, and you need any for testing let me know.

Have you decided on the size of battery you plan to use?

Have fun,
this ones off a 110cc enduro. i had no idea whizzer used this type. i haven't picked the part up yet
if you sell the whizzer regulator im interested. probably better quality.

not sure what type of battery to use. something small with high amphour.

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton

looks like those moped ones that are cheap was thinking of using one but couldn't find out what pins are for what, how did you find that schematic
i did a model search with Google for about three hour before running into it

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I'm working on an alternator of my own for the Hua Sheng. It utilizes the magnets on the flywheel to generate current. Very simple design with no moving parts. The challenge is to get enough watts out of it. Still in the prototype stage but it looks like I might coax 4 to 6 watts out of it which should be enough to power a decent light and charge a battery. Has anybody else tried this?

Good luck with your generator. Hopefully in the near future we'll all have some options for generating power for lights, etc.

Hi abikerider,

I too have worked with the 2 magnets embedded in the flywheel. I took the stator coils from a Whizzer and cut them into small sections and placed them in a line to gather as much AC as possible. I started with a 14 watt system that had several magnets inside the flywheel, but the output was greatly reduced when only using the 2 magnets on the HS motor. The system can power a set of lights that came with a "bottle" generator system, but just not enough to supply the needed wattage at lower RPMs.

I was able to drag more power from the actual "bottle" generator set by using a belt [vacumm cleaner type], but mounting the system is still in the works.

Keep us posted on your results.

Have fun,

Last edited:

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton

I'm working on an alternator of my own for the Hua Sheng. It utilizes the magnets on the flywheel to generate current. Very simple design with no moving parts. The challenge is to get enough watts out of it. Still in the prototype stage but it looks like I might coax 4 to 6 watts out of it which should be enough to power a decent light and charge a battery. Has anybody else tried this?

Good luck with your generator. Hopefully in the near future we'll all have some options for generating power for lights, etc.

i was thinking on going the same rout. if the external gen doesn't work out. 3watt high power led's work well with 3volts ac and up. put out just as much light as a 35watt halogen. also adding a capacitor in line with the coil helps keep the lights from flickering at low rpm.dnut

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton

Attachments

Last edited: