Hello from Austin,Texas

GoldenMotor.com

vonfilm

Apr 8, 2009
Austin,TX
My plan is to complete a motorized bicycle before September. My motivation is to have something to ride to the Austin City Limits Music Festival and other events where it is difficult to park. Also I want some help getting up Austin,s many hills.

I have two folding BMW mountain bikes( made by Montigue), one with front suspension and one without. Hopefully these are suitable for engine installation. I will be studying this forum to see which way to go.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.

I am unfamiliar with with those bikes, but all the info you need is in this forum. And if you can't find what you are looking for just ask. Always someone here willing to help out.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
My plan is to complete a motorized bicycle before September. My motivation is to have something to ride to the Austin City Limits Music Festival and other events where it is difficult to park. Also I want some help getting up Austin,s many hills.

I have two folding BMW mountain bikes( made by Montigue), one with front suspension and one without. Hopefully these are suitable for engine installation. I will be studying this forum to see which way to go.
Where in Austin do you live? I'm in N Austin at Yager and Techridge.

DEATH4OF4

Mar 22, 2009
Green Bay, Wisconsin (Frozen Tundra)
Welcome! You May Have To Go With A Rack Mount With Some Kind Of Belt Drive, If You Want To Keep It Portable. Chains Are More Messy And Take Longer To Disassemble. If Your Not Planing On Making It Portable Your Most Likely Going To Have To Weld And Modify.
Those Are Cool Bikes, It Would Be Nice To See A Motor On One. Almost Anything Can Be Done...

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I used to live in Austin about 4 and a half years. I loved it there what a great place! Glad to have you with us!

Hbill3

Jun 23, 2009
Austin, TX
ACL Fest was my inspiration as well, parking is non-existent. I had a similar time line, but I got done pretty quickly, I'm already done. Good to see some Cen Tex Motor Bikers here! I'm in South East Austin off Oltorf, but I can be seen buzzing all around South Austin and downtown - look for me and come holla!