Centrifugal Clutch Stuck On Shaft

GoldenMotor.com
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
So I put the centrifugal clutch on the engine shaft on my new build, then realized after I had tightened everything down that I had to take it off to do something else. Now it's stuck on the shaft and I bent my puller trying to get it off and nothing I try has done anything. Any ideas?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
So.... there's a really great youtube video where this aussie explains that you should file the flats a little more with a small file. That way, the clutch shoe plate doesn't get jammed on and forever stuck.

https://youtu.be/r2QfzxIEm_Q?list=PL...FxeXU6trQ5C8kT

I have had SOME luck before with placing 2 flat head screwdrivers in there against the clutch bell and the metal part of the shoe plate (on opposite sides). Rock it back and forth and it should come out.

Good luck!

Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Where do you buy this centrifugal clutch, a reliable source? JN motors has them out of stuck.
It's called max torque clutch, google it and a bunch of go kart and pocket bike companies sell them.

Also I got the clutch off by heating it with my oxy torch and prying it off with 2 claw hammers. It wrecked the clutch but I had a spare so everything's good.