"SPEED" carb banjo fitting ?

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Anyone have a suggestion on eliminating the secondary petcock on a "speed" carb. Is there a banjo fitting or barb fitting that could replace the petcock on the carb?

Thanks in advance!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
If you can find an 8mm banjo fitting you could easily eliminate that second fuel valve... I've had problems with those in the past where they she'd off tiny rubber chunks that can wreak havoc inside your carb by blocking off the main jet or holding the needle and seat valve open. On my first build I was always getting a sputtering problem and kept finding this junk in the float bowl so I finally just gutted out that fuel valve and problem solved, but it would be better to replace the whole thing with a banjo fitting.

The speed carbs sold by California motor bikes come without this second fuel valve which also makes it a non issue.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
http://www.ebay.com/itm/M8-8mm-x-1-...Kit-/281798775374?hash=item419c84124e&vxp=mtr

Double check that it's an M8 bolt on your carb before ordering, but this should be what's needed, you can cut off the an nipple and slide the fuel line over, or look for another fitting that has the straight end... unless you want to go all out and install a steel braided fuel line and use the an fitting... which is big time overkill for these unless doing an all out custom job...