carb. fuel inlet

GoldenMotor.com

wreckchaser

May 27, 2015
phila pa
I have a Magna bike with a 50cc motor [thats what I was told ] does anyone know where can i get parts for the carb it needs a fuel inlet ,it appears to have a needle valve in it ,its the tube where the gas hose from the tank connects to the carb. any help would be apprieciated Thank you

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
First let me welcome you to the forum. You've come to the right place for help and advice with your motorized bicycle.

We ask that when asking questions you provide us with enough information to offer help. Just saying it is a 50cc engine doesn't tell us much. In your case we'd need to know what carburetor you have. You being unfamiliar with the engine it would be better if you could provide us with a photo of your bike, engine and particularly the carburetor.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tony,
You have the basic, but very good, NT carburetor. In spite of what you might read about bigger or better carbs, the venerable NT will serve you well.

I doubt that any vendor will have the fuel inlet fitting by itself available. You might want to just order a new carburetor. Most of the vendors who advertise here will have them and they are inexpensive. Look for motorized bicycle, NT carburetor. They are ususally less than $20.00.

I see from your photos that someone has cut the muffler off of your exhaust. That won't work well. In addition to the noise, which won't make your neighbors happy, the lack of back pressure and open exhaust won't do your engine any favors. You will shorten the life of the engine due to a lean condition. You might want to order a new muffler/exhaust when you order a new carburetor.

I also see that someone has tried to attach a boost bottle to the engine. That's the hose that is attached to the intake manifold. Boost bottles are for the most part, a joke. They don't work and usually cause more problems than they're worth. You'll need to remove that hose and plug the fitting where it is attached. Plugging must be secure and allow no air (vacuum) leak. You might want to think about ordering a new intake manifold with the carburetor and muffler.

I'm curious about the nylon zip-tie that is around the intake manifold. What is its function? It shouldn't be there if the manifold is attached to the cylinder correctly.

Where did you get this bike? Do you have any contact with the builder/seller? Do you have any recourse with them?

Keep us informed of your progress.

Tom

Last edited:

wreckchaser

May 27, 2015
phila pa
First let me thank you for replying and giving me the heads up on the carb I didn't know they were so cheap and as far as the bike goes my step son bought it from our neighbor {his name should be Kevorkian}because of the stuff I found on it ,the motor was mounted with zip ties .The intake im gonna plug it or weld it shut, the chain was so stretched out I took out a few links ,the gas tank Im in the process of locating all the pinholes in it and brazing them {he{my neighbor} put Flex Seal the rubber stuff in a spray can to seal them}LOL !!!!and the exhaust pipe is cut off, my budddy is making a custom pipe using the baffles from a wrecked Honda 50cc , the motor mounts Im retapping because they're stripped ,so Im trying to restore it to its former stock cond. Im an auto body tech so I have everything ,as far as tools ,to get this monster back on the road . thanks again for your help ,Ill send you pics of the final product .Do you have any place that you buy from that sells the carb and other stuff I will need?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wreck,
Just check the vendors who advertise down the sides of the page. Most of them will carry the NT carb.

Being a 'tin bender' you shouldn't have any problems getting that bike on the road. It sounds like you have a good grasp of what needs to be done. But, if you need any further help don't hesitate to ask. We're always here.

Good luck.

Tom