To much blow by

GoldenMotor.com

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
But yeah that's exzactly what I was thinking since I got that new motor I thought I would tear the motor with bad rings down and see if maybe and hopefully that's what it was bad rings and replace them then I would have a extra motor for another build sometime.Hey thanks for the other thread about the one guy having bad rings in another 7G kit ill most deffinently read it and once again thanks guys for all the help sorry it took so long to respond been alittle busy here lately.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
Welp thanks for the thread on that forum that sounds exactly like the same symptoms mine was having but its good to know now that my motor wasn't the only one that did that.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
Well guys I got my new HS 49 in and that solved all the chattering and bad performance but it does still chatter alittle trying to turn my big 29in wheels but its still a tone better then what it used to be and the new motor is not filling the breather full of oil so my to much blow by prob is solved.But I was wondering tho if anyone could tell me if the putting on a NT Carb on these HS 49 motors is much of a performance upgrade like maybe giving it better low end power cause im not to interested in high end power around here since we have abunch of hills.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
The NT carb is a good carb, and it does offer a performance increase.

But you should change your rear sprocket. That kit comes with a 44 tooth sprocket, for a 26" bike. You are running a 29'er. a 50 or 52 tooth sprocket will help with the takeoff & hills quite a bit.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
Yeah rite now im running a 48 tooth rear spocket and it really seemed to help but I don't think I have enough chain left tho to put any bigger sprockets on so I was really hoping that maybe adding the NT Carb would help with or offer some more low end power.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Invest in a tachometer.

Ride the bike WOT on level ground, and figure out where you are at, before you decide on a gear change or a carb change.

The added air flow from the bigger car helps a lot above 3500 rpm. If you are bogging or lean at low rpm, a better carb can make this easier to tune as well.

Longer chain is not a big deal. Whatever it takes to get the engine in to a usable rpm range while cruising at a speed you want. That may mean it is "geared low" because of a lot of hills, with a limited top speed - or "geared high" for level ground, slugging it out with 45mph car traffic.

There is no one overall ratio that is "right" for every rider & location. My 29'er is a compromise - I still pedal on steep grades & takeoff, but it keeps up with traffic.

Scotto has done a few Huasheng kits, he should know more about the RPM range of the engine in actual use.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
Yeah I have got a tach already on my 2 stroke so ill give that a try and see what kind of rpm im getting on take off and WOT so yeah if I need to ill put a bigger sprocket on it along with a longer chain or maybe a NT Carb and see what it does thanks.But one thing I was thinking about was if the NT Carb will work on these HS 49 I wonder if maybe the speed carb will work to the one that has a black float bowl on it cause I put a speed carb on my 66cc 2 stroke and man what awesome change in low end power it added so I was wondering if maybe anyone has tried one of them on these HS 49s.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
The speed carb should work just fine, and the Dellorto clone will work too.

Once you know where you are at in the RPM range, post the results.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
I was curious where can I find the dellorto clone carb I have never heard of it but yeah as soon as I get my rpm readings ill post them and let ya know where im at.But I tried the NT Carb here not to long ago and the bike would idle all day with the NT Carb on there but when I gave it gas past 1/4 throttle it just died so I figured it was to rich and soldered the main jet closed then used a set of pin drill bits to drill the same size hole it the jet as what was in the HS 49 carb but it still died past 1/4 throttle so as of rite now I put the original carb back on.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
Yeah I tried the choke to see if maybe it would get better I put it on about half way but it would still die after about 1/4 throttle but I wouldn't mind taking a look at that dollorta clone carb if you might have a link to where I could see it

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
The Delorto clones are often called an RT Carb. Vendors like Dax, and others have them.

If it did not improve with the choke, you are really lean. Look for an air leak at the manifold.

These engines will run OK blubbering rich, so dying with a little throttle is usually a lean condition. Put the jet back to stock diameter.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
Well for rite now I have just put the stock HS49 carb back on and maybe whenever it warms up around her ill try putting the NT Carb back on or maybe try one of those RT Carbs but also whenever it gets warm ill try to get some rpm readings and post them cause riding these things in cold weather sure isn't much fun it feels like your face is going to freeze off.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
Hey Dan thanks for the link there was some really good ideas there for winter weather riding but I think the one I need to try the most is a face mask cause usually some good gloves,jeans,and about 2 flannels and a heavy coat keeps me warm it just that I need something like a face mask to finish it all.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
As for the old engine that you might fix, I don't have an answer for sure.

I have a Briggs 4stroke 3hp that I had to adjust the valves and now it does not shoot fuel the wrong way out the carb throat at the air filter. There was no gap on the intake valve and the exhaust needed a little taken down at the bottom of the stem to get it set to specification.

What I did have go bad once was the breather valve itself. Still there was some oil residue at the carb intake and I saw a lot on the top of the piston with a flash light when the spark plug was out.

That was solved by something that I just bone head should have not let happen. I used oil I had for my auto when none other was around. 5W20 is not good when straight 30 wight viscosity is called for. It fixed it right up!

Now I have a quart enough for quite a while.

MT