Replacement 7G transmission

GoldenMotor.com

radaracer285

Oct 13, 2014
michigan
Its a start that someone has a complete 7G Ghost Racer transmission--$149.99. Individual spare parts are hard to find. Shipping around 17$

Here is the link: (scroll almost to the bottom of page)

http://custommotoredbicycles.com/ez...parts/more_4_stroke_parts_79cc_harbor_freight

Look at the picture and can anyone identify what the large washer is for? (Located near the handle of the wrench). Also, what are the 3 metal popsicle sticks with the 2 holes on each one is used for? (to the right of the flaming skull cover).

Gasbike.net full 7G kit is $249 and just the engine only is $169 Makes the transmission 80$ and you get all the other stuff. My shipping was about 35$

Attachments

Last edited:

radaracer285

Oct 13, 2014
michigan
I've got the idle low and a center stand so the clutch doesn't really engage or spin the rear tire much. I looked at many bikes for the install and the 7 speed makes the most since and it has the 3 piece crank. Although the coaster brake offers more hub/ sprocket aftermarket choices. My 2 stroke had a ton of chain/clutch drag and would simply remove the chain if I had to pedal, so the 7G is smooth to me. There is a freewheel sprocket available for 49.95$. Although a simple friction test is to cut the motor off while pedaling and you can feel the motor and drag spinning down until the motor is completely off and then the friction/drag goes to almost nothing for me.

The motor mount is kind of hard to install. But the good news is replace the screws to bolts with large washers and elongate the engine mounting holes and the bracket mounting holes to move the engine left/right and the plate back/forward. Once the plate is mounted and secured remove the 4 side bolts and the engine comes straight off...It is hard to adjust the engine for chain alignment because the bottom engine bolts are not accessible when mounted to the bike. I used rubber bungee cords to wrap the frame and it helps with vibration and it helps with chain movement/alignment. My 2 stroke had the entire motor mount come loose and surprised that it didn't fall out.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Its a start that someone has a complete 7G Ghost Racer transmission--$149.99. Individual spare parts are hard to find. Shipping around 17$

Look at the picture and can anyone identify what the large washer is for?
It goes between the clutch and bell on the output shaft.

The baseplate in the 7G gasbike kit sucks and you are right on, get it in place with the tube mounts, then pull the top plate to deal with the actual motor mounts on the bottom.

I have been lucky, when you jackshaft a 4-stroke you get a new better baseplate so I have enough stock plates from 4G and 7G kits that we can just make our own for the bike size need.

In the case of a 29" Fatal Love we want the engine as far forward as we can get so we just extended the plate in back.

I much prefer the sickbikes 4-stroke kit base but it has flaws too, just not the inability to adjust the engine mount bolts once the base is in place.
Come on, how short-sighted was that 7G base design?