Well my kit came in today!

GoldenMotor.com

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
My motor bike kit came in this afternoon. I looked the engine over
& see a lot I'm going to redo.I have not tore it down yet, but tomorrow
I will.I,m still waiting on the Fred head, the bike I ordered, & few odds & ends.

I will post some pic,s to my build.I,m machining a new intake manifold
& going to work the stock exhaust & intakes for now.Going to just port match
for now also & check clearances.

I don,t plan on a race motor, just a sweet low to mid range, pulling engine.
Looks like a lot of fun.
Fly.trk

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
I dont know if anyone else will back me up on this but ive had a lot of trouble with the stock mounting studs breaking off in the case in the front and back. I will have had everything nice and clean and no leaks and no problems and i go on a long ride and throw everything at it, or even when ive just got a new motor and after about 30 minutes ill have broken any engine mount that was loose. It happens to me every couple of weeks until i throw away the stock studs and replace them with grade 8 or higher socket head cap screws.

I would reccomend if you werent already planning on doing so taking the studs out everywhere and replacing them with cap screws and loctite em in. Don't want you to get 100 yards down the road on your first day and have to extract broken studs and stuff like i did. I actually broke one off today and the motor was vibrating like crazy. I thought maybe the studs that came wiht my ported motor would be stronger, but they never are.

Anyway, i wish you good luck and fun times. I still work on my bike every couple of rides but i love it.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
I dont know if anyone else will back me up on this but ive had a lot of trouble with the stock mounting studs breaking off in the case in the front and back. I will have had everything nice and clean and no leaks and no problems and i go on a long ride and throw everything at it, or even when ive just got a new motor and after about 30 minutes ill have broken any engine mount that was loose. It happens to me every couple of weeks until i throw away the stock studs and replace them with grade 8 or higher socket head cap screws.

I would reccomend if you werent already planning on doing so taking the studs out everywhere and replacing them with cap screws and loctite em in. Don't want you to get 100 yards down the road on your first day and have to extract broken studs and stuff like i did. I actually broke one off today and the motor was vibrating like crazy. I thought maybe the studs that came wiht my ported motor would be stronger, but they never are.

Anyway, i wish you good luck and fun times. I still work on my bike every couple of rides but i love it.
Man, I thank you for the info.Those Chinese cut corners in the strangest
places??? Any way I will take care of that.As far as Hot rod parts, The
only one I.m installing, is the Fred head, & it is the 6cc, not the real
high compression head.I plan on taking it read easy on break in & 16-1
oil during the break in.

Thanks Fellows Flydrn2

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
16:1 is really too much oil......a better compromise is 24:1.

Best of luck on your upcoming project!

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Man?I wish I could tell you.It's a E-Bay deal.
The box does say it a 47mm bore so I guess 66cc.
I will be checking it tomorrow, it's in my shop now.

Flyusflg

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
I got mine from eBay too. It was from BikeBerry outlet. The name of the seller should be listed somewhere. If nothing else, your PayPal account should say who they paid it to. I was Just curios .

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
there are a lot of old kits for sale cheap on ebay - good idea to raise the barrel just a bit to peek at the top of the crank & see if it looks machined & without bolted weights

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
there are a lot of old kits for sale cheap on ebay - good idea to raise the barrel just a bit to peek at the top of the crank & see if it looks machined & without bolted weights
Ok you know I,m new to these things.You say a lot of ole kits
on Ebay & to look at crank to see if it is machined or if it has
bolted counter weights.

OK but which it new, & which is better?Please reply.

Flyxct2