new build GC160

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanks everyone! Ya it is a blast to ride at any speed. I always like the shifter bikes(shift kit Sbp) because every time you changed gears youd get that little burst of speed. Well this has the burst and no chains to mess with. Also all belt drive is so quiet and smooth. This is the first bike that has required no adjustments after 5 rides
...everything is awesome!!!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Moto

Very nice build. Is your motor the Honda 160cc OverHeadCam with internal belt driving the camshaft? Bought 2 of that motor, good motors but too tall for my Stretch Cruiser build.

Now also have 2 new 5 hp B&S Flat Head motors with 160cc they are not as tall and fit the frame much better. Also have a new 3/4" CVT drive from Bullit Drive. Planning on not using the aluminum mounting plate to keep things narrow as possible. Have collection of HD Whizzer front and rear wheels and 3 of the rear wheel spoke mounted sheaves.

Could you tell me the diam of your pulley next to the driven clutch. The pulley that drives the belt back to the rear wheel, not the 16" sheave bolted to the spokes.

Would you change it to bigger or smaller now that you have rode it awhile? Bigger pulley would increase fuel mileage.

Thanks much

NT

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
The pulley is a 2 1/2 inch. I am happy with the pulley size it doesn't slip and I enjoy the throttle response

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Ron, my old Monark twin i had as a kid was about 3" to the rear sheave. That size seem to work good not much slipage.

I think msrfan builds use about that same size....................Curt

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
:-|| !!! BIGGER PICTURES !!! :-|| Your KILLING me here.
Ya I guess they are small...do you think you are ready to see more! OK I will get em up later. For some reason my phone will not upload pictures fr y phone so it is a pain in the arrssss.:-||

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Tried to make pics bigger with Windows Magnifier does not work good, bigger pics are messed up.

Nice build, looks great and the CVT Auto Transmission is a great and tuff system.

Changed my mind again and will use the CVT instead of the 90cc ATV Honda Clone.

NT