XC50S or the XS35S

GoldenMotor.com

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Hello everyone;
Has anyone bought one of these motors? How reliable are they? They re advertised as Titan, and I don't know anything about them. After my 2 stroke crapped out again, I am seriously thinking about a 4 stroke, and which one to buy. It needs to be mounted in-frame, because I have a "saddlebag".
Am I going to be able to use my existing clutch and throttle cables? Or am I going to have buy another mounting kit? Will I have to buy a transmission? What else will I have to buy to get back on the road?
All comments are welcomed. Thank you for reading this!!!

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Thanks very much for your reply. I suppose you have seen the price tag on the two motors I had asked about. I have to really think about what I am going to do. Since the motor does not pass EPA in California. I will have to make a trip out of state. I don't like that idea. I went to DAX and bought my motors from him because it will be shipped to my doorstep. Something to think about......

Thank you very much!
Dave

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
Aleman;
In your expert opinion, how reliable is this Ghost Racer to the 2 cycle??
Thanks Dave
expert? The Aleman already has a big enough head as it is lol
(i'm joking by the way)

short answer know has the ghost racer kit as yet so no one really
knows as yet however it's based on a sound design an should be as
reliable as the grubee 4g t belt kit but only time will tell how good it
truly is

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Thanks Aleman....I am getting an used motor from a friend, I have no history on it, I'll look it over, maybe I can use the bottom end.....
Thanks again
Dave

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Just to let everyone know that I had received the used motor, which was much smaller than mine, was a no-no.
I turned the motor, and it stops, like something is broken inside..... I take off the head and cylinder, turn the crank, and the piston skirt hits the (balancers)? of the crankshaft..........and the piston is the same size as mine.......someone was in the middle of an overhaul and put on a bigger piston which didn't belong there........so it's junk.

So a new motor is in the build for me, should get it the end of next week.
Thank you for reading this....
Dave

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Thank you my friend. I have ordered from Dax an F-80, a 2 stroke, and hope this one lasts a lot longer than the last one. Next time, I will do a lot more investigating on a 4 cycle....the main reason I keep going back to duane is the availability, and able to ship to my front door. The last time (hich was just a couple of years ago, I would have to go out of state to get the motors, no shipping to California, and a few other states are in the same boat, because they don't pass the Air Resource Board......Dave

haoleboy

Feb 17, 2012
Redding, CA
Well. the motor from Dax is on it's way, should arrive Monday. Next time I buy a four stroke....
Case closed.
Thanks for reading this!