My pride N joy!

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

Great look'n bike and great job on your fabrication! May want to take some of the slack out of your drive chain.....could give you some issues if you don't.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Great build. Many things I like about it, like the beehive fork. Can you post a pic of the other side of the bike so we can see the exhaust?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the fourm, Gal.
Very unique and innovative build. Congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us.
I'm curious as to how you're powering that headlight.

I'm not nit-picking or trying to be critical but you might want to take some slack out of the engine drive chain. 1/2" to 3/4" of slack is preferred for good chain operation and to reduce the possibilty of throwing the chain at speed. Just my thoughts, but if it's working for you, so be it.

Tom

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
What are the laws on motorised bikes over there? Are you legal without registration, or do you have to jump through the hoops?

Last edited:

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
Cool cycle. This is the reason I enjoy this site. Great ideas I can pull from for my builds. I am about to start a second build and this sparks the imagination for sure. Post more photo's.

Guloo

Apr 1, 2014
Israel
Hello to all! Thank you all for the warm welcome!
So... the slack is gone. Foolishly enough, I didn't make the right calculations as to the length of the chain. Oh well, an easy fix.

As for the electrics, I had a 12v battery shoved under the saddle, which for some reason died and needs to be replaced.

The fuel filter is a plastic one that has old brass garden connectors on each side. Silly yet effective...

Adding a few more photos:

Guloo

Apr 1, 2014
Israel
Added the saddle bags after coming across them in a local second hand shop.
The asking was about 30$ and to be honest these were a little battered...
Luckily, despite the leather being very dry and dusty, it was in decent nick with no tears. As I learned from a friend, These were used by the Brits back in the 40s during the british mandate of palestine(pre - 48).

With quite a bit of elbow grease(and some saddle oil...) I managed to gain back some elasticity and shin! chuffed. quite!

Also had a rear rack that's been converted into something that will keep the saddle bags from hitting the rear tire. simple enough!

These are a lot of fun to ride! only trouble is that I live in place that has plenty hills and is a little small so wherever I go, it'll be a short ride...

Cheer,

Gal

Attachments

Guloo

Apr 1, 2014
Israel
Cheers Tom. I can certainly see what you mean. I was aiming for a look that was both vintage and industrial. If I was to start a new project, it would be very different in the way I would approach it(I believe it's called experience...).