price range for building a 99cc hf bike?

GoldenMotor.com

slayer60973

Dec 24, 2012
West Michigan
I've been thinking and i want to build a bike with a 99cc preddy. I'd want to mount it vertically cause i really like the look over normal mounting. If i sell my current bike and a couple other things i have i could come up with about 750 bucks. Does anyone know the rock bottom starting price of building one? Thanks

Thinking about this frame.. It's cromoly. Whole bike is 170 off bikes direct. Good size hole for a gastank
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/gravity/images/ez_mn_slv_2100.jpg

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
With that bike/frame, providing you can still buy a 99cc Predator somewhere, you should be able to build a nice bike at that price.

I did it quite easily using some of the parts off of my 212cc race bike for about $750 originally. I probably have $1,500 into it now with engine performance parts.

Have fun building!

.wee.

EDIT.....pics

Last edited:

slayer60973

Dec 24, 2012
West Michigan
Thanks Scotto :) your race bike is where I got most of my inspiration for a preddy build. I guess they don't sell the 99cc anymore.. not a deal breaker though. My biggest thing is the mounts. I'm very mechanically inclined and creativity comes naturally. The thing is i wouldn't know where to start with them.. Where did you get the mounts for yours? Love your bikes by the way very clean and awesome.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Harbor Freight don't sell the 99cc anymore? They still have the 79cc, right? Sure look pretty much the same. They sent me a Feb 2014 sales paper with the 79cc and the 212cc. Both are $99!

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
I did my HF 79cc for $696 but that has a lot of things you might not put on your bike:

Nel Lusso Frame in a Box
79cc Predator Motor
Motor Mount
Sproket Adapter
44 Tooth Sprocket for the Adapter
Jackshaft
Throttle Linkage
Short Shaft One Piece Crank
Sturmy Archer Dynamo Hub
Lacing Hub to Front Wheel
Exhaust
Weld Exhaust
Heat Shield
Centrifugal clutch

slayer60973

Dec 24, 2012
West Michigan
Harbor Freight don't sell the 99cc anymore? They still have the 79cc, right? Sure look pretty much the same. They sent me a Feb 2014 sales paper with the 79cc and the 212cc. Both are $99!
As far as I know yeah. No more 99cc. A 79 with a performance cam from agk will suffice though. But a little pricey..

slayer60973

Dec 24, 2012
West Michigan
I did my HF 79cc for $696 but that has a lot of things you might not put on your bike:

Nel Lusso Frame in a Box
79cc Predator Motor
Motor Mount
Sproket Adapter
44 Tooth Sprocket for the Adapter
Jackshaft
Throttle Linkage
Short Shaft One Piece Crank
Sturmy Archer Dynamo Hub
Lacing Hub to Front Wheel
Exhaust
Weld Exhaust
Heat Shield
Centrifugal clutch

Did you use any parts from agk? Like the Jack shaft? Or others. Might have to mount mine horizontally. Making custom mounts is hard with only a hack saw. And a drill.. lol

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Scotto :) your race bike is where I got most of my inspiration for a preddy build. I guess they don't sell the 99cc anymore.. not a deal breaker though. My biggest thing is the mounts. I'm very mechanically inclined and creativity comes naturally. The thing is i wouldn't know where to start with them.. Where did you get the mounts for yours? Love your bikes by the way very clean and awesome.
These are the clamps that I used, then I made brackets out of 1/4" aluminum to mount the engine....

I found them in a friends backyard....I have no idea where you can buy them.

birdmannn101

Oct 23, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Did you use any parts from agk? Like the Jack shaft? Or others. Might have to mount mine horizontally. Making custom mounts is hard with only a hack saw. And a drill.. lol
I sure wish Scotto would quit teasing us with those engine clamps he found in a neighbors yard. As far as AGK parts, I am using the jackshaft which fit nicely to the HF engine with the screw holes. The throttle linkage for $12 is from them too but you could probably do it yourself from the picture.

I am using the max torque clutch for $39 which rattles even after buying the heavy duty spring. The Noram Cheetah Go Kart Clutch is what the other members recommend for $165.

I did buy the Motor Plate for 79cc &99cc HF Engines for $25 (black one, not chrome one which is just ok. The 6 mm bolts are cheap and do break off if you tighten them too hard.