Pierce arrow, anyone tried a tribute?

GoldenMotor.com

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
I've been researching the great pierce arrow bikes, wow! The 4 cylinder would be difficult to duplicate, but the singles look do-able. I am intrigued with the large tube triangle frame, using same as tanks. I am very tempted to try this. Any one ever done one? Googled it and found scant interest or info on our forum. I would probably use an upright Honda 160cc for power.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I've been researching the great pierce arrow bikes, wow! The 4 cylinder would be difficult to duplicate, but the singles look do-able. I am intrigued with the large tube triangle frame, using same as tanks. I am very tempted to try this. Any one ever done one? Googled it and found scant interest or info on our forum. I would probably use an upright Honda 160cc for power.
Pictures or link?

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
I can't post any pictures from my i pad at the moment, but if you google pierce arrow motorcycles you can view a lot of different images. I'll try posting some tomorrow at my lap top. Beautiful (though) unlike most of the era. The 4 banger was shaft drive, this in early 1900's.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Some years ago I stumbled across the website of a guy who fabricated exact copies of vintage and veteran era motorcycle frames. One of the frames he'd built was a Pierce Arrow and compared with some of the other frames he'd built the Pierce Arrow frame seemed to be a relatively straight forward piece of fabrication work.

I will try and find the website and if I do I'll post the link.

Attachments

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Thank you intrepid Ww, that is exactly the bike I want to duplicate/tribute. And thanks for the link to the Peace build, it was (and will continue to be) most helpful. I am starting the scrounging stage. Back to you at a future date.
As an unrelated asside; I have been enjoying riding my Ranger/Pope for 5 months now. What a blast! I love the looks I get, being stopped, followed and questioned about the bike. Will be riding in our towns Christmas parade in two weeks, in period attire, I might add!

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
moto--like what you got going
i mentioned once i like the oversize/large diameter tubing frames
maybe the stays could be alittle more proportional to the front triangle????

best

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
I see what you are saying bout the stays. I fashioned the frame with The same diameter down-tube the original bike had, liked the hefty size. The stays (rear triangle) also came on bike, so just used em. That and wheel/tire combo are about all that's left of that bike!