Worksman Clinchers wheels

GoldenMotor.com

EarlyRider

Aug 31, 2013
WI
Anyone has some insight or experience with using Worksman 26 x 2.5 clincher wheels on an early motorcycle replica? I'm wondering if these wheels would hold up to a motor with 4-5 HP, and a total bike weight of about 180 lbs.

Anyone with expertise on this? or other options for that early motorcycle look and strength?

Thanks.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Worksman are the closest you will get to a motorcycle or moped wheel, you will be fine. Next would be the husky wheel.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Baird,

The Worksman president was afraid to put loop down tubes in the frames because they weren't made to be motorized. Wonder what his thoughts would be if he knew their front wheels were being tested at 100+ miles an hour on a motorcycle. :)

Steve.

EarlyRider

Aug 31, 2013
WI
All interesting info.....

Also, I never looked into a husky wheel... I also noticed there are wheel master clinchers out there too, which say they have 12 gauge spokes. However, If I could get a set of Simplex servicycle wheels they seem to be sturdy enough, plus I'd like to use a 26 x 2.5 servicycle clincher tire on the rims anyway. Some say those tires will work on a worksman clincher rim, I have not tried. Anyway, anyone have a set of servicycle wheels available? If not worksman might be the route I go, we'll see. I will need a belt sheave too, I would want one with a large enough diameter that it mounts closer to the rim when mounted rather than half way down the spokes. I think it will hold up better.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I have a set of Huskys relaced with 12 ga spokes from Holmes hobbies , rear Shimano coaster.. 70 Sturmey up front, anodized black. Maybe 100 miles on them, just need a new arm for the drum hub unless you are going to use a stud on the forks. You can see the wheels on my Panther Whizzer thread.