selling behind the seat tank

GoldenMotor.com

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Up for sale is a very nice copper tank which I made recently.
It's a sturdy, classy looking piece which has been leak tested and will never rust.

Made of thick walled type K copper pipe. (This stuff is the thickest most expensive stuff out there.) $46/foot

Dimensions are 9" long, 3 5/8" diameter. It will hold 42 ounces of fuel.
The barbed fuel outlet is for 1/4" tubing.

I'm asking $65 plus shipping.
PM me if you are interested
TiM

Attachments

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
What a nice clean job! If I owned that I would be worried that they would steal my bike just to get that tank.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Oh yeah, that's niiice. Looks like good work at a fair price too.
At some point I will have some fed-notes, and be looking for one only slightly shorter and larger in diameter. I would use some sort of rubberized strapping to mount it. Maybe by then you'll be in the mood to make another...
Good luck selling this one, I shouldn't think it will take long.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
KC.... didn't have the vent hole drilled in the cap when I took the pics.

I know it needs a fuel shut off valve, but I had intended and in line valve.

Also wasn't sure if somebody wanted something old-timey looking or not.

I had plans for a cradle for mounting on a seat post mount, also
Didn't know whether someone would want to rack mount or not either.

I've got enough copper left to buiild one more tank.. so I'm open for ideas

Thanks guys...

I have 2 potential buyers

Tim

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Tim,
Wow that tank is even better than it looked in the posting. Pretty dam heavy LOL. It is too nice for the bike I bought it for, think I'll save it for a future quality build. Thanks for the brass mounting straps.

Attachments

Last edited:

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Up for sale is a very nice copper tank which I made recently.
It's a sturdy, classy looking piece which has been leak tested and will never rust.

Made of thick walled type K copper pipe. (This stuff is the thickest most expensive stuff out there.) $46/foot

Dimensions are 9" long, 3 5/8" diameter. It will hold 42 ounces of fuel.
The barbed fuel outlet is for 1/4" tubing.

I'm asking $65 plus shipping.
PM me if you are interested
TiM
Hi Tim,
Nice work!

Can you suggest how to mount your tank on a FD U channel, like Statons?

Here is what I was thinking about buying:
http://www.staton-inc.com/store/pro...k_with_Mounting_Bracket_hardware-1365-10.html

Your tank is much better looking than the weird shaped white plastic tank! :)

The tank can be mounted on top of the black u channel, or perdendicular like the can in the pic of your thread on top of the black channel.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Thanks for the kind words.
I hope it goes to good use. I'd really like to see what you come up with to mount it.
I'd worked out several things in my mind, but didn't know which one to implement.

I'm really glad you liked it.
TiM

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Thanks for the kind words.
I hope it goes to good use. I'd really like to see what you come up with to mount it.
I'd worked out several things in my mind, but didn't know which one to implement.

I'm really glad you liked it.
TiM
Im not really a fabricator, just a "plug and play" MBer as I dont have any welder and such.
Can you share your several ideas?
I was thinking about:
a. figuring out a 1/2 moon or 1/4 moon cradle with end caps.
b. attaching with rubber or hd strap material
Thanks!

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Worksman,
One idea I had was to design a cradle for the tank to sit in for a rack mount, either perpendicular to the rack or in line to keep a smoother line.

It could be made in 1 piece and the two almost half circle sides bent upward 90 degrees from the base plate. It would sit up off of the base plate maybe 1/2 inch or so you could bolt the base plate to the FD housing then sit the tank in the cradle.
Two straps could be fastened to the plate before sitting the tank down in it and
cinch it down by running a bolt thru the straps . Ill see if I can draw something up to further explain it.
TiM

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Worksman,
One idea I had was to design a cradle for the tank to sit in for a rack mount, either perpendicular to the rack or in line to keep a smoother line.

It could be made in 1 piece and the two almost half circle sides bent upward 90 degrees from the base plate. It would sit up off of the base plate maybe 1/2 inch or so you could bolt the base plate to the FD housing then sit the tank in the cradle.
Two straps could be fastened to the plate before sitting the tank down in it and
cinch it down by running a bolt thru the straps . Ill see if I can draw something up to further explain it.
TiM
Thanks Tim.
Sounds like 2 are ahead of me in line.
R u going to make more?

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
I have enough material to build 1 more, but I'm only about half way finished it.
Not sure if I'll sell it keep it though.
I'm presently working on finishing up an expansion chamber that I modified awhile back
and getting ready to put it up for sale here when I get it all done in the next day or so.
It's nice too.
TiM