Very nice experience with Staton-inc.com

GoldenMotor.com

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
I've been a customer of David Staton for a number of years. I have 2 of his friction drive units and over the course of several years- I wore out the bearings and the roller on one of my units.

I contacted Mr Staton last week and inquired about having him rebuild both of my units. He replaced the inside and outside bearings, both rollers and the clutch drums on both units in less then a week and at a very reasonable price.

If you haven't tried a friction drive unit from Staton.....you probably should-before I had to be careful to not get caught in a storm because the friction roller would just spin against the tire when it was wet.

His new rollers hook up and they hook up hard! Doesn't matter if it's wet or not, they get traction and that's without jamming the roller down into the tire really hard. Just normal pressure from the drive roller onto the tire gets the job done.

I know there are lots of ways to get the job done, but for me-friction drive units are the best compromise.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I too use Staton Inc. Anytime I've ever called David has always been helpful. I'm all the time telling people if they want quality in a kit and dealer use Staton Inc.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Yup, since I developed serious arthritis a few years ago- I was forced to go the motorized route if I wanted to still ride my bike. Some of his stuff might cost a tiny bit more, but you get what you pay for.

David has the best friction drive kit available (IMHO) I got 4000 miles out one of my friction drive units before the outside bearing went bad and about 3000 miles out of my second unit before the bearing started to develop some slop.

It's nice to know that all I have to do is mail them back and for a reasonable fee- he will put new bearings in and get it back to me in less then a week.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
When I've had questions about things David has taken the time to help me. Other dealers acted like they didn't want to be bothered. Thanks to David being willing to send me images of the backs of different freewheels I was able to build a custom 5 speed 34-16 freewheel. Now I've got the only motorized bicycle in the world that shifts 5 gears automatically through a shiftkit.