My First Build Complete and For Sale!

GoldenMotor.com

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Hey guys,,
Got my first build finished,,it turned out really well,,runs perfect,,still have 20:1 in the first tank,,put about 20 miles on it so far,,it vibrates at WOT top speed,,but that's a 2 cycle hard mounted for ya,,cruises awesome at 20-23mph,,can ride it all day long.Gonna build another soon,,this is real fun building these,,I added the Bulldog Dia-comp front caliper brakes that work very well!

BTW-Got it from Luckyearlybird off ebay,,probably not a good idea to deal with any ebay sellers unless you are mechanically inclined with good tools.I had zero problems with this build other than pretty moderate vibration at top RPM and speed,,I think its the crank balance or clutch cause it happens at a stand still with clutch disengaged ,,but I aint gonna worry about it on such a cheap motor.

Here are image shack links to a couple good pic's of it,,what da ya think guys?
Im asking $475 it will include BGF service manual on DVD and 30 day kit warranty.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/444/dscf1333w.jpg
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7571/dscf1336e.jpg
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4082/dscf1337h.jpg

Tom :)

Last edited:

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
great looking build, there, Tom.

Looks like my first build. I added a springer front end, a rear view mirror, and a speedometere. I ended up adding a banana seat and some apehangers, too.

These huffy bikes are not bad for starter bikes. I wouldn't recommend keeping them forever. But for a cool put-put around the neighborhood, or just riding to Walmart 5 miles away, they're a blast!

Good luck with the sale.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Yes sir,,
Thanks,,I appreciate it,,Im gonna build a good quality bike for myself one of these days..kinda liked the idea of the genesis onyx with a custom front end from a mountain bike...but then again its still a china mart bike...lol.

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
Yea 577 build looks really nice!! that gold copper color is that stock or did you come up with that?? anyway I like it alot, you know and please don't take this a critizism because its not its personal taste all builds that i've seen have the tank on the front tube in front of the seat and for some reason I just can't accept it, right now I'm working on a fuji trike with a 49 cc motor but when I get thru I'm gonna start something simular to yours here except somehow I'm gonna put the tank on the back of the seat ,,,

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Yea 577 build looks really nice!! that gold copper color is that stock or did you come up with that?? anyway I like it alot, you know and please don't take this a critizism because its not its personal taste all builds that i've seen have the tank on the front tube in front of the seat and for some reason I just can't accept it, right now I'm working on a fuji trike with a 49 cc motor but when I get thru I'm gonna start something simular to yours here except somehow I'm gonna put the tank on the back of the seat ,,,
Thanks brother,,
Its the stock color,,i like it also,,may build one for me someday,,Ive been having lots of fun with this one breaking it in..lol.I kinda wish there was a better spot to mount the tank also but I was limited there.Cool idea with tank on back of seat,behind seat post!I just picked up an older mongoose 26"alta for 50 bucks,,sweet alloy wheels and real good quality hardware unlike the walmart stuff.Might slap a 49cc on it and see how she rolls,,would like to get a sprocket adapter for it also,,the hub looks a little skinny,,will have to measure it and ask some of you pro's what one to use or mod...also picked up a nice steel huffy mountain 18 spd.for $10,,has a great frame and front suspension but cheap hardware,,will be a good foundation if I can find some decent alloys for it.

Well good luck on the trike,,dont forget to post some pics when done,,I learn so much from all your pics.

Tom :)

Mar 31, 2013
RI
...yeah man, behind the seat tanks are pretty easy to find and there are some pretty cool ones to choose from if you have the cake, if you're like me and more financially challenged there are some more affordable models as well.

...here's one available at Pirate Cycles that looks nice.

...and here is a less cool one for much less money available at Jake's Bikes.

...and if you're handy with tools you might could make one for your self, ...here's a thread that would be a good starting place if you wanted to learn how to make your own tank. (i've seen some pretty cool tanks made from old juice cans and large vegetable cans and such like so think outside the box)

hth, bozo

btw, if you look around there are many members who custom make tanks for pretty much every build they do, ...most are in-frame tanks but the skills are the same and it's truly awesome that so many are willing to document and share so much of their work with all of us noob's.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Had her out again today,,
She pulled me up a 13% grade 3/4 mile hill twice without any problems at all..lol..did about a 10 mile ride,,as long as I keep it under top speed or high RPM its fine,,but I do have a vibration issue at high RPM even at a stand still,,so Im thinking crank/flywheel out of balance,,not gonna worry about it to much.Ill try a 49cc next and see if it vibrates less.