GEBE sounds like a kazoo

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
i changed my gebe 33cc tanaka off my cruiser that it was on to a full suspension scwhin after wards i decided to take it on a test ride only problem is under aceleration it makes the noise of a kazoo its comes on for 3 secs then off for 1 sec then on off on off on off sounds like the belt is makeing it ive looked and it seems like its comeing from the belt .

is this just the sighn that i need a new belt bought it used so dont know original miles on belt ive probaly put 1000 on it myself .

did i just not tighten something right well any ideas ? guesses sugestions let me know .

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Thats a new one on me... You might try spraying some belt dressing on it and see if it quits. Clutch problems maybe? Let us know what you find....I'm curious. I've done a lot of stuff to engines over the years but I've never had one play kazoo noises yet.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
If you can, make a youtube video of it. I bet that would bring you an answer, and give us an educational video for diagnosing the problem to other riders.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
If you are sure it's the belt, try removing the belt, cleaning the pulleys with windex, maybe even sanding them (non toothed pulleys) a little, and cleaning the belt with a rag or something. If it still slips, check your tensioning system, and maybe try some Belt Dressing.

It makes the belt grab harder on the pulleys. Different types/brands last more or less, but they can be had for $3 a can and extend the life of a belt.