Favorite Artist/Song?

GoldenMotor.com

YoungRatRod

Oct 19, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
I'm big into music, been playing piano for about 8 years and guitar for 5 as well as a few others for roughly 3 years.

I've been in a couple bands as well, played a few shows as rhythm guitarist and lead vocalist, but now I'm solely acoustic.

Influences are everything from Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Black Sabbath to Pantera, Slayer, Metallica. I like everything that's not produced in this era. Keep in mind that I'm 16 :p

lol So what's your Favorite Artist or Song?

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
My favs are. Blind guardian, not sure which song is my favorite I really like these three albums. night at the opera, A twist in the myth and the edge of time. And I love listening to alter bridge all their albums are awesome. Have you heard Blind Guardian before? Cause they are awesome, they play alot of hobbit rock. If not listen to these songs bard's song, skalds and shadows, curse my name, the edge, turn the page.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have too many to list, but my favorite bands tend to be Pink Floyd and Yes, followed closely by Alan Parsons project, Alan Parsons (after the "project" broke up) Then there's Led Zeppelin, Rush, The Cure, and the list goes on and on and on....... with DIO, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, and many others thrown in for some occasional head banging.

My favorite song for a long while was Pink Floyd, Echoes.
It really depends on my mood and the day's toils.

Zebra's "Who's behind the door" and "Tell me what you want" got me through some really tough times when carefully blended with Alan Parsons Project album Eye in the Sky.

Ok, this is starting to become a long post. I'll stop now. :D

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
My favs are. Blind guardian, not sure which song is my favorite I really like these three albums. night at the opera, A twist in the myth and the edge of time. And I love listening to alter bridge all their albums are awesome. Have you heard Blind Guardian before? Cause they are awesome, they play alot of hobbit rock. If not listen to these songs bard's song, skalds and shadows, curse my name, the edge, turn the page.
Wow Texhun, I haven't met anyone else that even knew who Blind Guardian is!
My favorite Blind Guardian song is The Quest For Tanelorn. (Probably because I'm a big Michael Moorcock fan.)

I mostly like music from the 70's & 80's. Lately, I've been into listening to a lot of The Scorpions, and just downloaded around 180 of their songs.

Then there's Motley Crue, Ratt, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Quiet Riot, The Rolling Stones, REO Speedwagon, Rush, King Crimson, The Police, Metallica, Siouxsie And The Banshees, David Bowie, T-Rex, Yngwie Malmsteen, Def Leppard, Gordon Lightfoot, The Cars...

I think I'd better stop now!! rotfl

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I never answer questions like this because they are also the same security questions on many internet accounts & can be used to hack into such accounts!! :(

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
And it's amazing that we are both in Texas(^). BG is the best ever! And DRC. I thought you were just some guy that listened to country all day, your avatar and name are very misleading it's all your fault.LOL! And by the way the theme song for my bike is, Fly. And YRR if you want vocals really listen to BG's latest three albums. Hanse Kursch is by far the best singer you'll hear in your life!

Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I grew up on the Beatles and Rolling Stones, the rest of the music in the house (my dad's and my little sister's, mom didn't really put music on at the house much) wasn't for me. When I was learning guitar, we played a lot of Beatles and other classic rock. In addition to the stuff I mentioned in http://motorbicycling.com/f28/whats-your-bikes-theme-song-35396-2.html#post345201, I have an extensive collection of classic rock, folk and psychadelia, some (modern/electric) blues and a few other odds and ends that I like. The current count on my iPod is something like 10,544 songs (no where near half capacity yet), however of those 4,205 (I think) are Grateful Dead tracks, mostly live concerts spanning '66 to '95. And that archive is still growing. ;)

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
While I like all kinds of music, mostly rock, pop and folk-

This is the one song I can hear over and over and never get tired of-
it is my mantra of meditation when things get crazy: theres something about the pacing

I was six when it came out and it was just a great reassuring thing to hear during that nightmare called Childhood;

Moon River- Henry Mancini
Henry Mancini, His Orchestra and Chorus: Moon River (Mancini / Mercer, 1961) - YouTube

YoungRatRod

Oct 19, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
While I like all kinds of music, mostly rock, pop and folk-

This is the one song I can hear over and over and never get tired of-
it is my mantra of meditation when things get crazy: theres something about the pacing

I was six when it came out and it was just a great reassuring thing to hear during that nightmare called Childhood;

Moon River- Henry Mancini
Henry Mancini, His Orchestra and Chorus: Moon River (Mancini / Mercer, 1961) - YouTube

Believe it or not, I used to listen to Moon River all the time, my dad used to sing it at the top of his lungs when he was on the crapper.... lmao