5-7HEAVEN'S Daily Commuter

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Here I am in protective gear, on my way to my government office job. I still wear boots from the blue-collar job I retired from in 2002. This is my daily driver, rain or shine. I like the way the Tanaka pipe wraps around the top tube. It was as if the pipe was made for the bike. When I switched from SBP expansion pipe to Tanaka-specific pipe, the 4-liter HT tank had to be relocated to the rear rack.
The bike has a 29er suspension fork and 27" tall tires, which afford more clearance between tire and expansion pipe.

The skateboard wheel is the chain tensioner I made recently. I'll use a locknut on the turnbuckle when I get around to it.

1a.jpg

4a.jpg

3a.jpg

5a. Chain Tensioner.jpg

6a.jpg

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: 5-7HEAVEN'S Daily Commuter- More

More pics:

When tucked in, everything gets close.

7a.jpg

8a.jpg

9a.jpg

10a.jpg

11a (1).jpg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Love it. Just be careful in a panic stop situation. Could get a little warm 'down there' :)

Good work. Looks like a fun ride.
Tom

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Love it. Just be careful in a panic stop situation. Could get a little warm 'down there' :)

Good work. Looks like a fun ride.
Tom
It's warm with long pants, and blistering with shorts. I no longer wear bermudas and ride this bike.

It's a fun ride, like a 327/close-ratio tranny/4.56.....with overdrive!xct2

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Hey 57 !

So I finally get to see pics of ur mab.

WoW!
It really looks like a screamer!
Gosh it must be fun to ride!!!

anyhow... IMO u would be btr served if that idler wheel for the chain was closer to the chainring so it would take up the slack and also serve to guide the chain onto the ring... if u have any probs with it, that might be the fix.

Gosh that must be intense to ride!

lol I'm just cruising!

Best
rc

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Hey 57 !

So I finally get to see pics of ur mab.

WoW!
It really looks like a screamer!
Gosh it must be fun to ride!!!

anyhow... IMO u would be btr served if that idler wheel for the chain was closer to the chainring so it would take up the slack and also serve to guide the chain onto the ring... if u have any probs with it, that might be the fix.

Gosh that must be intense to ride!

lol I'm just cruising!

Best
rc
Lol, this bike's been thru so many design changes, from friction drive to shift kit, Mitsubishi, 460, now Tanaka engine. I'm done.

I placed the tensioner there because it was convenient to mount. No probs yet.

If I shift slowly and keep speeds down, it's mellow.drn2

When I shift at 7000rpm, it's intense, especially tucked in.

The 460 engine I had on this bike was even more intense. xct2

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I give you props for trying. Keep posting on both forums. Someone will be able to help sove your problems.
With that turbo, ya might need wheelie bars or some sort of stabilizing device.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
lololololol, ty, you to and will see each other on each webpage,lol
You bet.

There are so many experienced and knowledgable helpers on these forums. Post what your problem is, and a bunch of possible answers will appear.

Maybe your answer lies elsewhere on the internet. Maybe in radio-controlled toys, maybe in the automotive forums.

But the engine's on the bike! That's what's important; just make it run!dance1