difficulty starting engine

GoldenMotor.com

skyhawk217

Aug 24, 2009
Decatur, IL
hey all,
I have a real difficult time getting engine to turn over. im nearly exhausted from pedaling before it wants to go on its own. spark plug is clean and new. carb has been disassembled recently and seems in good working order. once its running, there is no problems whatsoever. occassionally it dies at idle (at a red light for example). turns over with in couple pedals from stop.....any insight would be greatly appreciated. i need for my gasbike to be reliable and im picking up a little at a time. dnut

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How are you starting it? You should- Bring the choke lever up 3/4 of the way, push the tickler or primer button down for 1-2 seconds then pedal to start (of course you turned the gas on).

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Why was your carb disassembled??When u put it back on, did u put new gaskets on it? U have no centrifugal clutch, so it would be safe to turn up your idle a bit on your throttle carb linkage.Were u playing with the gas/air ratio needle valve?Is your air filter and exhaust muffler clean?If your gas /oil mix is to rich,its not going to idle low.it will only idle on high idle.:):):):)