Where is the coolest place you've been on your motorbike?

GoldenMotor.com

Train_Wreck

Feb 9, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Hey guys just wanna hear some cool stories, some interesting places you may have been. Also maybe your longest trip you've ever taken, and how it went. Post pics if you have any, but this is optional.

As for me, I have not left my town of Folsom, CA. I will someday but I wanna get used to my motorbike and see just how reliable it may be (im pretty new to the hobby, only about 200-250 miles on my bike). I have regular routes I go on, I like to go to the lake and take a few minutes to relax and take in the view. Then pass the folsom prison, go down sutter street and all that. I usually end off the rides with a nice hill bomb, there is one particular hill that gets me up to 43 mph, and it is very long so I keep that speed for up to 20 seconds. It was kinda scary at first but I'm way more used to it now, its the best part of my rides.
Dont really know how long my longest ride has been, somewhere around 50 miles almost non stop. I just loop around the periphery of my town a couple times.

Lookin forward to hearing your stories!! usflg

Igor, A.k.a. Brian

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I rode my M A B at Morro Rock... kinda one of those 'farthest west' kinda places you can go.
It was fogged in, and cold. I forgot to take extra batteries for the camera... but I did get a pic of my M A B alongside a dead skunk on the highway as I was getting there... I think I posted it, a long time ago... rc

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Probably to work. I guess I was fascinated that I could ride to work on something I built for 300 bucks without pedaling much. Riding to the park n ride to catch the bus downtown would probably be next.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
#1 In the mountains around Red River, NM (even though the bike ran like crapola).

#2 On some fire trails in the Ozarks in NW Arkansas.

#3 The Billy Creek recreation area in SE Oklahoma.

This is probably not in the 'spirit' of the thread, however, my Reese SportWing bike carrier has earned it's keep!

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
The trails in the mountains, 17 Mile drive in Monterey or passing the nude beaches in Santa Cruz!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This was a beautiful day, ridin' with our Denver Area Riders. We topped out overlooking a lake. There was a zig-zag, (switchback) trail leading up and about a two hundred foot climb to the top. Weather was perfect and no bike problems all day. This was about a 60 mile round trip ride.

Tom

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Hmmmm......I guess I've never taken my MB anywhere special. I've ridden one at temps of about 5 deg F before. I could tell that I could go lower if needed. But I could also tell that that would be painful.

There was a time when I'd ride my pedal bike regularly across the Golden Gate bridge. It was always windy, usually gusty, and chilly up there. I never rode it after dark.

But I read a blog once from someone who described a ride across at night in medium to heavy rain plus gusty winds. He said it was the scariest ride of his life, or something like that. Having some 'feel' for that ride, I was able to picture it.

When the weather's good, I wouldn't say that it's actually unsafe. But even then, if you want to be safe you'd better be careful.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Red Lodge Montana around the time of the Sturgis Motorcycle rally... packed with big money bikes. I sure got alot of looks.
Late one day a guy came putting into town on an old Indian. He said I had the coolest bike in town. (I certainly did not.)
That was a pretty cool place, but anywhere away from anything man made is the coolest for me.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
"Late one day a guy came putting into town on an old Indian. He said I had the coolest bike in town. (I certainly did not.)" --Trey

I had something similar happen to me once. It was on my very first motorized bicycle. I was stopped at a stop sign when a motorcycle came from my right and turned into a parking lot across the street.

As he made his turn, I could see that it was a Triumph. So I rode on over to have a closer look. I parked next to him. It turned out to be a 750 Bonneville. In nice shape.

I said, "Well, how about that? A classic Triumph!"

This guy was looking down at that moment. Removing his helmet. He looked up slowly, looking my bike over. Then he met my eyes and said, "Nice bike!"

I was honest about it and told him that it wasn't as cool as his. But it was still a proud moment.

Something similar happened just a couple of weeks ago. I stopped to have a look at a Harley that turned out to be sort of a Frankenstein bike. But still good looking. Before I got a chance to say anything, the guy said, again, "Nice bike".

I said, "I was gonna say the same thing".

We sat around for a little while. Telling each other about our bikes. It was fun.

Maybe you've noticed that the cagers don't really respect us very much. But the bikers do a bit better with that.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
"Late one day a guy came putting into town on an old Indian. He said I had the coolest bike in town. (I certainly did not.)" --Trey

I had something similar happen to me once. It was on my very first motorized bicycle. I was stopped at a stop sign when a motorcycle came from my right and turned into a parking lot across the street.

As he made his turn, I could see that it was a Triumph. So I rode on over to have a closer look. I parked next to him. It turned out to be a 750 Bonneville. In nice shape.

I said, "Well, how about that? A classic Triumph!"

This guy was looking down at that moment. Removing his helmet. He looked up slowly, looking my bike over. Then he met my eyes and said, "Nice bike!"

I was honest about it and told him that it wasn't as cool as his. But it was still a proud moment.

Something similar happened just a couple of weeks ago. I stopped to have a look at a Harley that turned out to be sort of a Frankenstein bike. But still good looking. Before I got a chance to say anything, the guy said, again, "Nice bike".

I said, "I was gonna say the same thing".

We sat around for a little while. Telling each other about our bikes. It was fun.

Maybe you've noticed that the cagers don't really respect us very much. But the bikers do a bit better with that.

I can honestly say that my MB has started more conversations than any motorcycle I've ever owned ---- and that's certainly fine by me!! I especially like when you encounter an 'old-timer' and their eyes twinkle with long forgotten old memories.

(It's funny how I keep redefining the term 'old-timer'...lol!)

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Probably to the end of my street when my very first china girl came to life. That was the moment I realized that this cheap little engine kit attached to my bike may actually work. I guess every short trip I have taken since with three different bikes are all my greatest. Not a bad one in the bunch....lol
However, this is the year I plan to take an epic cruise with some fellow motor bicyclist with hopes to take a ride that stands out above the rest.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Does anyone remember the MB meet-up in 2009-2010 in Long Beach WA? That was a hoot.
I know that I was not there I had other obligations. I did hear about it from others that were there who are from Seattle. Seems to have lost steam that event I have not seen it promoted.

Pablo; mark your calender for Ridgefield Washington Iron Ranch old bike swap. Been going on for years its always the third Saturday of September. This year 9/19/15.

In addition there is a flying machine build off judging at this years event. There are MAB's ridding at the event from Northern California, Oregon, Washington and Vancouver Canada.
Want to make some new memories? Post up and ride together Saturday afternoon. Overnight camping on sight. We arrive early Friday. Vendor space 10x10 $10. We always get a few and put ourselves on display. This year I need two so we can park the flying MAB on static display.

This invite is on topic.... the Iron Ranch was featured on American Pickers. Its a living steam era private collection. To see this location, to ride here - on one of the two days a year the property is open to the public; is on my list of coolest places I have ever ridden my MAB's.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I guess mine was my first trip up to the local grocery store to get a couple things on my very first build.

I parked it inside where the carts are.
Heck I wasn't 10 minutes and when I went to leave a guy asked me about it.
You know... where did you buy it... I built it... bla bla bla.

He offered me like $550 for it on the spot in cash.
I walked home with my 2 little grocery bags and worked out how I could make a business out of this which at the time was a very VERY good thing for me.